Samson Johnson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Samson just needs to be told he can shoot the 3. He looks completely uncomfortable with ball out there, which generally means he feels like he’s not supposed to have it. It’s a hot potato at this point. I’d like to see him start looking comfortable out there. He’s not a bulky center, so having him threaten to shoot the 3 would really help open up our offense. He was a competent 3 point shooter in AAU, so it isn’t a stretch.
I think the discomfort is the artificial limitation on what he can do by the coach. He knows he can shoot. He knows he could even dribble, but isn‘t supposed to. Last game at one point he did decide to just drive in and I think the D collapsed and he made a good pass out.

I still think Hurley is just saving it, like a hole card he hasn’t played. Once Donovan is back, Johnson needs a few minutes a game spelling Alex. Especially since Dan won’t play our young forwards.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And the midrange 2 if he can make it. When open we have good 3 point shooters who are often well covered, so opportunity is there.
Agreed he should at least try a few when he is wide open. If he takes three and hits one then it makes the defense have to think more when he sets the high screens and hands the ball off. He can fake a cut to the rim the defender will then have to choose what to do. Now there is no decision to make they know there only responsibility is to cover the roll to the rim. It sounds simple but it makes a world of difference. If the defender chooses to play to roll to the rim and SJ steps out then that forces a rotation that could in fact leave a better three point shooter open. Just think about how the floor opened up when Adama hit a few of his open threes. Same effect except I think this is a better passing team so the results could even be better. Bottom line we need to add some wrinkles to the offense while DC is out. I think we would have done it anyway later in the year with DC because we have seen he can make the shot. It is unfortunate that we might have to add the wrinkle earlier than DH would have liked.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And the midrange 2 if he can make it. When open we have good 3 point shooters who are often well covered, so opportunity is there.
He beat the shot clock on the ft line J in the first half

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Samson just needs to be told he can shoot the 3. He looks completely uncomfortable with ball out there, which generally means he feels like he’s not supposed to have it. It’s a hot potato at this point. I’d like to see him start looking comfortable out there. He’s not a bulky center, so having him threaten to shoot the 3 would really help open up our offense. He was a competent 3 point shooter in AAU, so it isn’t a stretch.
LOL exactly!

Reaction Score
All you do is dump on UConn players. I’d be stunned if you’ve ever watched a Marquette game.
We weren’t talking about UConn, but whatever. I watched Al McGuire teams play, and win NCs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom