Sam Cassell, Jr. named 1st Team NJCAA All-American | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell, Jr. named 1st Team NJCAA All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Certainly a nice nucleus...We'll struggle for awhile as we miss Napier, Giffey, and Kromah senior leadership and clutch play...

But over time, we'll be a tough matchup for any team in the land...

Reaction Score
Hopefully Brimah and Nolan work really hard in the off-season, we need improvement in the front court next year

Reaction Score
Projected Depth Chart
C: Amida Brimah (So)
PF: Phillip Nolan (Jr)/Kentan Facey (So)/Leon Tolksdorf (Jr)/Rakim Lubin (Fr)
G/F: Terrence Samuel (So)/Daniel Hamilton (Fr)
SG: Rodney Purvis (So)/Omar Calhoun (Jr)
PG: Ryan Boatright (Sr)/Sam Cassell Jr. (Jr)

found this from a site; they assume daniels will leave for the nba & insinuated calhoun transfers. hopefully not to both

I would have it more like the following:

C: Amida Brimah (So)/Phillip Nolan (Jr)
PF: DeAndre Daniels (Sr)/Kentan Facey (So)/Rakim Lubin (Fr)/Leon Tolksdorf (Jr)
Wing: Daniel Hamilton (Fr)/Omar Calhoun (Jr)
ComboG: Rodney Purvis (So)/Sam Cassell Jr. (So)
PG: Ryan Boatright (Sr)/Terrence Samuel (So)

God help us if DD leaves. I have no idea what we'd do at the 4. If we leave it to Facey or Lubin, that's two unproven guys who don't have a tenth of DD's shooting and handling abilities. Maybe Nolan gets some time there? I don't see Hamilton being able to credibly hold down the 4, even for short stretches.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I would have it more like the following:

C: Amida Brimah (So)/Phillip Nolan (Jr)
PF: DeAndre Daniels (Sr)/Kentan Facey (So)/Rakim Lubin (Fr)/Leon Tolksdorf (Jr)
Wing: Daniel Hamilton (Fr)/Omar Calhoun (Jr)
ComboG: Rodney Purvis (So)/Sam Cassell Jr. (So)
PG: Ryan Boatright (Sr)/Terrence Samuel (So)

God help us if DD leaves. I have no idea what we'd do at the 4. If we leave it to Facey or Lubin, that's two unproven guys who don't have a tenth of DD's shooting and handling abilities. Maybe Nolan gets some time there? I don't see Hamilton being able to credibly hold down the 4, even for short stretches.

Daniels played about as much his freshman year as Facey did this year. Kentan was the Gatorade POY in New York; he'll be fine.

Reaction Score
If DD leaves I'm sure we won't just leave that spot open.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Careful what you wish for. The Ryan Boatright we saw these last two weeks is a weapon that very few teams in college basketball will have next season.

In addition, people forget how hard it is to replace a stud leader with young untested guys the following year. Sophomore Shabazz trying to replace Kemba was, well, trying. Bazz leaving this year is a massive gaping hole to fill.

Nobody on UCONN next year will be able to play that lead guard role like Boat would be able to do. He's in a perfect position to assume the mantel and I hope to hell he stays.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Fellas Do Not Sleep on Terrance Samuels, this kid will have a say next yr for starting minutes if the boatshow goes on tour

But YES our backcourt will be lethal next year, kinda crazy saying that with Bazz gone
Frontcourt will be respectable too

My only concern, is leadership, we lose that "voice", much like how we struggled with great talent after kemba left.
Hope. Boat keeps impressing me, if he's here, we need him to be that "straw that stirs the drink" ala Reggie Jackson

Reaction Score
Without Daniels and Boatright

C Brimah
F Calhoun
F Nolan/Hamilton
G Samuel
G Purvis

At least to start the season, I'm just trying to air on the side of caution in case DD and Boat do leave early, now selfishly I hope both return or at least one of them.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Seeing all the PG talent coming in these next few years,
I could live without Boat. DD leaving would really suck for the front court. But hoping they both return

Yeah I just mean for next year. There's no leadership back these if boat leaves.

Reaction Score
JUCO AA?

So....you're saying he's like Johnny Selvie??

Love this thread. Can we start the season next week???

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
We've been fortunate enough to have superior pg/ lead guard play for almost a decade.
AJ Price > Kemba > Shabazz.
Final 4 2009 > champs 2011 > champs 2014

If Boat leaves you lose that line of descendancy. I'd rather have DD leave and keep Boat as another coach on the floor. Although T Sam , Sam jr. And purvis are probably going to be good, they just don't have the training and experience of Boat.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Yeah I just mean for next year. There's no leadership back these if boat leaves.

True, you get it. Really hoping he comes back & gets to run the team without bazz around anymore, not that he needs to prove anything..

Reaction Score
te="mauconnfan, post: 930473, member: 489"]Congrats to Sam Jr…..can't wait[/quote]

Next season can't start soon enough!

Reaction Score
That Cassell Jr video has me excited. He can shoot that step-back jumper with ease.. even from 3. Good handles. Yikes. Oh yeah, I found some Jalen Adams video for the first time. I like him a lot.

Reaction Score
So we're adding a McDonald's All-American, a Jordan Brand All-American, and a JUCO All-American in the backcourt next year. And that was BEFORE we won #4.

Not bad.
when is or was the Jordan Brand game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member