Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?) | The Boneyard

Sal Alosi (New S&C Coach?)

Reaction Score
Didn't this guy fight some rapper over his son at UCLA? Hurley better have some assurance about his behavior.

And he's the Jets tripper! HARD PASS.

This is the first hire I DO NOT like from Hurley.

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
As a Dolphins fan, this is what I remember him for:

Hope he's changed since then. Interesting that we went the way of a football S&C coach.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Anybody that can keep Derrick Rose playing for most of an NBA season has to be good at what he does. Rose is one of the NBA's most chronically injured players. I also think the football background will be helpful. Most of our bigs looked like scarecrows that weren't scaring anybody last season.

Reaction Score
Men's Basketball Adds Sal Alosi To Staff
Alosi explained that his plans for the UConn program go far beyond just strength and conditioning.

“We will build a 24-hour wellness program, where the time spent off the court and out of the weight room will be emphasized just as much as the time spent training,” he said. “We will be educating our team about how to eat, how to sleep, how to hydrate, how to recover -- establishing a game plan in all areas that can have a positive impact when it comes to on-court performance. There is a much greater commitment than just running and lifting. Ultimately, the tools we teach our players here will benefit them on and off the court, and long after their time at UConn.”

Reaction Score
Men's Basketball Adds Sal Alosi To Staff
Alosi explained that his plans for the UConn program go far beyond just strength and conditioning.

“We will build a 24-hour wellness program, where the time spent off the court and out of the weight room will be emphasized just as much as the time spent training,” he said. “We will be educating our team about how to eat, how to sleep, how to hydrate, how to recover -- establishing a game plan in all areas that can have a positive impact when it comes to on-court performance. There is a much greater commitment than just running and lifting. Ultimately, the tools we teach our players here will benefit them on and off the court, and long after their time at UConn.”
And if you don't like it, there will be fisticuffs ;)

Reaction Score
We hired the Grayson Allen and S & C coaches? :eek:
I hate to do an Amadeus, "that doesn't quite work, does it", buuuuuuut . . .
You should have gone with, "I heard this guy did great things as Grayson Allen's S&C coach" or a variation thereof.

Reaction Score
Sal Alosi - "UConn’s basketball history precedes itself."

Well, if we can't overpower 'em with our newfound strength and conditioning, at least we'll be able to baffle 'em with our bu115hit.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Anybody that trips a Miami Dolphins player, on or off the field, is my hero. I can't wait for the day when some other NFL team runs the table and permanently shuts up those champagne guzzling, attention whore creeps from their 1972 team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No more strength and conditioning. He's our Human Performance Coach.
Good thing we only recruit human players.
But all this talk of diet and sleep patterns and stuff kind of brings to mind the guy that came from a ̶b̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶ gymnastics program and stressed stuff other than you know, strength.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom