Saint John's Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saint John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Johnnies are very good in mid range
It is why they gave Creighton so much trouble this year.
A needed shot when dealing with bigs like Clingan and Kalkbrenner who play in drop and protect the rim

Reaction Score
This might sound a bit crazy but of late does the momentum tend to turn a bit when Johnson comes into the game. By no means am I saying we are better with Clingan on the bench, if you remember last year we tended to go on a run when Clingan came off the bench. Nice to see our bench get meaningful minutes.

Reaction Score
We're highly unlikely to lose when we score 95 points.

The only thing that kept them close was rebounding where they had 3 more than us. Make that 4.

They had 10 more Offensive bounds 7 to 17. Can’t let Providence hit the boards like that. I’m rooting for Marquette.

Reaction Score
These games are the reason UConn teams look forward to playing non Conference teams in March. Just saying familiarity was the 'close game' culprit tonight not bad play.

Like last season the BE sets us up again for a nice Tourney, getting the hell away from these teams.

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton with a BE POY performance. Cam with an efficient 20 and 9 assists. Karaban with 14 on 50/50/100. Diarra double digits, Clingan 4 blocks, Jaylin Stewart best game of his career. And we only won by 5.

Why? Because Daniss Jenkins went crazy, Dingle got hot, and UConn and St Johns just gave us a HELL of a basketball game. This is going to be the marquee rivalry of the new BE until Pitino or Hurley leaves. Give me this twice a year in the Garden PLEASE

Don’t kill me here, but I actually don’t hate that the refs were way too tight early and then loosened up as the game went on. Normally I have the opposite stance, but that place was a powder keg and they didn’t lose control. It led to some bad calls and some bad missed calls, but it was still a GREAT game

Neither Clingan or Soriano could show their full game, but it’s funny to see how much better Clingan is as a sophomore. Soriano looked really uncomfortable out there

Let’s win this thing tomorrow!
I am loving the potential of this " New York" rivalry

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I am loving the potential of this " New York" rivalry
I agree. I hope that if MU wins tonight, Kolek comes back tomorrow so we can kick that one up a notch as well.

Sadly it will all be for naught in 5 years or less. Enjoy it while we can I suppose.

Reaction Score
1. DC had 2 DUMB fouls. And we still dominated.
2. AK’s foul at the end confounded me. Just dumbfounded.
3. Still cannot close out a game without taking years from my life.
4. And still, complaining about a win. Typical refrain this year.

Reaction Score
our offense is poetry in motion. who knows if we'll ever be so fortunate again so enjoy it while it lasts.

if we lose it's going to be b/c clingan gets in foul trouble. 2 early fouls and his 3rd 18 seconds into the second half. please stop trying to block everything and realize your mere gigantic presence on the defensive end is enough. edey almost never fouls out it's one of his best qualities. we gave up 17 O rebs today. prob had something to do w/ clingan only playing 19 mins.

Reaction Score
That game sucked. Probably our 2nd or 3rd worst effort of the year. Got lulled into a track meet and decided that playing defense was optional. I’m guessing that DH will take full advantage and go nuts over this “effort”.

Reaction Score
Well it wasn't a foul on AK, Jenkins jumped damn near sideways, wasn't a natural shooting motion at all

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what I've gathered from your recent posting history I can understand why you are constantly dumbfounded.

Reaction Score
That was fun to watch. It's simply impressive how many different ways this team can win.
That wasn’t fun at all. We slept walk through that game and it almost cost us. Do that in two weeks and we are licking our wounds after a loss in the Sweet 16

Reaction Score
Props to St. Johns, they are a dangerous team if (they should) get in. Running a good offense and fight like heck on the boards.

I felt like was Duke UConn in 2004 FF, winner is going to win the tournament. #doomed'

Biggest take away is Cam and Tristan with 18 assists and 1 TO, that is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
What was with the technical on Hurley that negated the pitino T? I don’t understand why he would even get involved in that. It looked like Rick was really giving it to the refs and got the T and DH started chiming in? Trust in DH but he has to learn to stay out of it when the opposing coach is losing it. That changed what looked like a possible big momentum swing. We won so no harm no foul but it was odd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom