Sadie to USC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sadie to USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
West Coast Waves seems to have more information about why 6 left in the past year
than has been posted here.

Reaction Score
To start with 6 girls have left, asked to leave by the coach, refused to leave, or dismissed by the school. This in only about a year and a half time period. I wont comment on all the details. Seems a high number in just a short time.

I assume they were players recruited by the previous coach?
If so, I'd view largely as players who were not a good mesh with the new coach.

Reaction Score
Ah, West Coast was talking about USC players leaving? Thought since it was Sadie leaving UConn that he was speaking of those who left here in the east.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Sadie. I hope she's happy and can achieve her hoops dreams there...

Reaction Score
Great Location to play at, but won't win any National Championships and will she win a PAC 12 title. They won the Conference Tournament title last year, not sure they can do it again.
USC could never win a national title in basketball. That's just crazy. Maybe it's the egg nog, but would the all time USC team beat the all time Uconn team? Something to debate for those people who are bored or needing an excuse to avoid talking with family today.

Reaction Score
asuwish said:
USC could never win a national title in basketball. That's just crazy. Maybe it's the egg nog, but would the all time USC team beat the all time Uconn team? Something to debate for those people who are bored or needing an excuse to avoid talking with family today.
They have won 2 NC's, in 1983 and 1984.
And no, their best team wouldn't match up to ours.

Reaction Score
They have won 2 NC's, in 1983 and 1984.
And no, their best team wouldn't match up to ours.
I believe they have 4 members of the Hall of Fame. they may not have our depth. They would have the advantage in the starting front court, we have the better guards. See how fun this is.

Reaction Score
Cheryl Miller is still the best player I have ever seen. The way she played and moved was incredible. Cynthia Cooper was probably one of the few players that improved as she got older/more experience. Then, again, she was in the shadow of Miller and McGhee. Also, since it's all time, Lisa Leslie and Tina Thompson would certainly be included. The early years of the W wasn't nearly as strong, and Houston had an incredibly stacked team, but Cooper was also incredible the first few years. I don't I've seen anyone take over the game like Cooper.

I have no problems if someone thinks Cooper/guard?/Miller/Thompson/Leslie is as good/if not better than Bird/Taurasi/Moore/Stewert/Charles.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
"The early years of the W wasn't nearly as strong,"

We agree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics