Sadie and Gabby | The Boneyard

Sadie and Gabby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Real nice articles in the Hartford Courant about these "Future Huskies". Both of these young ladies are very well spoken and already working hard on their future at Uconn.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sadie is:

1. Wise
2. Earnest

I don't sense that she has the same sort of 'chip' (possibly the wrong term) that Sue carried with her--remember Geno saying you'd better know what you're talking about if you question Sue Bird--but I do sense that you won't be able to slip much past this young lady....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great title for a calypso song.

Reaction Score
Nice to see us finally get a kid offered by Stanford. Is she the 1st one from west of the Mississippi, offered by them to be a Husky??

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Nice articles and equally nice additions to the HuskyNation!

Reaction Score
These are two very impressive young ladies, and not just due to their basketball skills.

Reaction Score
I've been slightly concerned abou GW missing soph yr for Olympic high jump. The year we have to replace BS, MT and MJ. Maybe i'm reading too much into it but that article makes me think Gabby may take a pass on the Olympics. Which would be OK by me!

Reaction Score
Does John A realize what sort of thoughts go through the heads of Boneyarders when they read things like the last two paragraphs of the Edwards piece???!!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Does John A realize what sort of thoughts go through the heads of Boneyarders when they read things like the last two paragraphs of the Edwards piece???!!!!

....I know, right?!? It's enough to give a poor 'Yarder heart palpitations!! :)

Reaction Score
....I know, right?!? It's enough to give a poor 'Yarder heart palpitations!! :)

Exactly! Trying to convince myself it means nothing--just take it at face value! Not having much luck though.

Reaction Score
I cannot wait until I see these young ladies in action and keep the UCONN train rolling!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
“If we get A’ja Wilson [the South Carolina post] its going to be one incredible recruiting class. It’s going to be ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous,”

Well said Ms Edwards, well said. (and I like how it's already "we")

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've been slightly concerned abou GW missing soph yr for Olympic high jump. The year we have to replace BS, MT and MJ. Maybe i'm reading too much into it but that article makes me think Gabby may take a pass on the Olympics. Which would be OK by me!
Yea, we'll have to see how it plays out, but looks like she is rethinking things. And it's nice to hear she thinks her heart really belongs to basketball.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

If participating in track freshman year gives credible belief she can make the Olympic team for '16, it'd be a powerful lure. Even if high jump is not the #1 sport in her heart, she won't be an Olympian in basketball at that time and there's no guarantees for the future.

But sure looking forward to watching her use that ability on the court!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom