Sad Story of Jannah Tucker - X Lady Vol Recruit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad Story of Jannah Tucker - X Lady Vol Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard to conceive of this kind of evil- hard to believe a person(animal) like this can actually be rehabilitated. That poor girl. Punishment should be him beaten the same way every day of his life until his last breath. I'm an "eye for an eye" guy- Old Testament all the way!!!!!

All of the Old Testament or do you pick and choose?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If what is stated about his mother is true, she should be arrested and locked up as well.

Sounds like Jannah might have been living with the boyfriend and his mother? If so, that may explain why this was occurring without her own parents stepping in and stopping it which is a question that occurred to me. I recall that Jannah comes from a solid family.

Reaction Score
Who helped raise this "lack of humanity". That's right Mother dear. So why would we be so surprised at her actions. Perhaps his dad or other men in her life were as abusive to her as well. Environment does not make us who we are but it certainly can influence our direction.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ummm, do we have any proof any of this is true? Not saying it isn't, but this is someone's instagram of ....what???

Googling I don't find anything on a Joshua Gerard being arrested. Seems that would show up. Or any news story anywhere on Tucker or Gerard. ????

I did find a Josh Gerard who plays/played basketball for New Town High School in Maryland. But that's about it.

If he did something like this, condemn him, but we don't really have much to go on here.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ummm, do we have any proof any of this is true? Not saying it isn't, but this is someone's instagram of ....what???

Googling I don't find anything on a Joshua Gerard being arrested. Seems that would show up. Or any news story anywhere on Tucker or Gerard. ????

I did find a Josh Gerard who plays/played basketball for New Town High School in Maryland. But that's about it.

If he did something like this, condemn him, but we don't really have much to go on here.

So, not comfortable getting your news from a re-post of a social media account? I had the same reaction. Tucker attended New Town High School so sounds like the same kid.

Reaction Score

When did this happen ? nothing in the newspapers ?

We all know everything on the internet is true

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, not comfortable getting your news from a re-post of a social media account? I had the same reaction. Tucker attended New Town High School so sounds like the same kid.
Yea, I would like a little more info. But it looks like they are from the same town/school/area. So the possibility exists. But before I condemn a kid for such a heinous crime, I'd like a bit more proof.

Reaction Score
MY prayers are with this dear child. He is nothing but a bully punk. Let him try that on another male. Whatever he is, he is NOT close to being a human being ! SOOO SAD !

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I did a Google search, and was surprised at how little I found, which raised red flags.

However, go to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and enter Case number 0804SP067022013

A Joshua Gerard is identified.

I'd still like more definitive information before invoking Old Testament wrath.

HGN

Reaction Score
How horrible..........I wish Jannah the very best in recovery and in her future.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I did a Google search, and was surprised at how little I found, which raised red flags.

However, go to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and enter Case number 0804SP067022013

Looks like a peace order has been entered which in Maryland offers protection against abuse in situations that don't meet the requirements for a domestic protective order. The order prohibits entering the residence which suggests they were living together and which likely explains how this happened without the intervention from her family. It seems this relationship was the reason she chose not to enroll at Tennessee back in June.

BTW, this is a civil rather than a criminal proceeding which indicates no arrest has been made at this time. A temporary order has been entered and a hearing is scheduled for Oct 7. The records show this young man was arrested in 2012 for assaulting a police officer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Ah, well now there is something. Good find Phil.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Nor is it a proper understanding of the passage in question.

At the risk of veering off-topic, I've always felt that the "eye-for-an-eye" phrase was misused as an excuse for bodily harm, when a better interpretation is "make the punishment fit the crime".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
At the risk of veering off-topic, I've always felt that the "eye-for-an-eye" phrase was misused as an excuse for bodily harm, when a better interpretation is "make the punishment fit the crime".
It is, actually, meant as a limit on retribution preventing escalation so that a tooth becomes an eye and an eye becomes a life. It in no way is intended as description of what a penalty should or must be for an offense.

Nuff said or some will object.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It is, actually, meant as a limit on retribution preventing escalation so that a tooth becomes an eye and an eye becomes a life. It in no way is intended as description of what a penalty should or must be for an offense.

Nuff said or some will object.

Originally from the Code of Hammurabi, way prior to biblical.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Originally from the Code of Hammurabi, way prior to biblical.
Absolutely, although in the Code it was more of a direct punitive action rather than the limit which could be shorted or in the Talmud alternative compensation, such as, money, could be awarded.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
All of the Old Testament or do you pick and choose?
I'm a christian, so not all of it. Maybe the Death Penalty would be more appropriate. One of my closest friends is Jewish, and his father escaped from Germany. My favorite quote from him is- The Death Penalty does not belong in a civilized society. And when society becomes civilized, we .should ban it

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If this story is accurate- pls refer to my earlier posts on this matter- If it is not accurate- As Rosanne Rosanna Dana used to say-
Never Mind!!!! You _____!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There's a story on the situation at FullCourt.

According to the story, Gerard has been arrested, charged with second degree assault and a trial date is set for Feb, 2014. The story first says the arrest happened in July, but later refers to "last week's arrest" which sounds consistent with the recent social media info. As mentioned in a post above, there has been a recent civil proceeding imposing a restraining order.

Finally, and most importantly, Jannah is reported to be back home with her family and in "stable and healthy condition."

http://www.fullcourt.com/ncaa/24111/maryland-man-arrested-assault-tennessee-recruit-jannah-tucker

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Whether she can play or not, it would be nice if TN honors their scholarship offer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There's a story on the situation at FullCourt.

According to the story, Gerard has been arrested, charged with second degree assault and a trial date is set for Feb, 2014. The story first says the arrest happened in July, but later refers to "last week's arrest" which sounds consistent with the recent social media info. As mentioned in a post above, there has been a recent civil proceeding imposing a restraining order.

Finally, and most importantly, Jannah is reported to be back home with her family and in "stable and healthy condition."

http://www.fullcourt.com/ncaa/24111/maryland-man-arrested-assault-tennessee-recruit-jannah-tucker
Well that's starting to make more sense. Couldn't understand if what the instagram was true, how only a restraining order was issued. But as we see, he was actually arrested. Good. Hopefully the truth and justice will prevail in this case, and Tucker will be ok. Could still be a tough road ahead for her.

Reaction Score
Hard to conceive of this kind of evil- hard to believe a person(animal) like this can actually be rehabilitated. That poor girl. Punishment should be him beaten the same way every day of his life until his last breath. I'm an "eye for an eye" guy- Old Testament all the way!!!!!
Yeah, but you know what Jesus said about that. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom