Sad news about Georgetown's Tasha Butts | The Boneyard

Sad news about Georgetown's Tasha Butts

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's just unbelievably sad to lose a person at such a young age.
All prayers and best to her family, friends and those she touched in the basketball world, including Tennessee and, more recently, Ga. Tech and Georgetown.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, she was announced as Georgetown's HC on April 23, Georgetown announces she will step away from her duties on Sept 21 and then today it is announced she passes. Thoughts and prayers to her family, her staff and her team just gut wrenching.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh, man alive that’s horrible news.

Sending healing vibes to her family, friends, and the coaches and players who were looking forward to spending the season with her.

Reaction Score
It is so sad to hear of young women who are losing this battle. Her legacy will live on through all the young ladies she touched as a coach and the quality of life she lived. This will be a terribly difficult time for her team and her coaching staff. I pray that all the women out there use this tragic loss to be just a little more vigilant monitoring their own health.

Reaction Score
Sleep with the angels. Condolences and prayers for her friends, family, and the Georgetown program.

Reaction Score
Horrible, way too young. Praying for soul and her loved ones. Prayers for Syracuse Coach Jack-Legette also. I hope she is not fighting cancer. SU is being very rightfully respectful of her privacy. Just terrible all around.

Reaction Score
Very terrible news. Words are of paltry worth at such a moment. I was very much looking forward to her on the sidelines and I know she would have revitalized that program. Sincere condolences.

Reaction Score
I just don’t know how much more of this pain my heart can take. First, it was Nikki McCrae, now it’s Tasha Butts. Two young women who had positively impacted the lives of several others, and had so much more to offer, taken from too soon because of cancer. May her soul forever RIP!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My deepest condolences to Tasha Butts’ loved ones. She’s gone too soon… :(

DB6F1329-4CC0-4377-83E8-4F9F5F0E8CB5.jpeg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very sad. So young. Didn't realize she had been working at so many places. Didn't seem like it was that long ago she was a player.

Reaction Score
From Just Women's Sports:

• Her diagnosis inspired the Tasha Tough initiative to raise money for healthcare access for women in need, a campaign the Big East plans to continue.

Reaction Score
From Just Women's Sports:

• Her diagnosis inspired the Tasha Tough initiative to raise money for healthcare access for women in need, a campaign the Big East plans to continue.
A cause, a need, often ignored. As a stage 4, post-chemo fellow, the “learning curve” has been surprising…and hard. Depression and financial realities compound the ordeal. And most cancer folks seem to agree that this is the norm. If you don’t have resources get ready to be ground away at. If you’re alone you’re gonna be whacked psychologically. The Boneyard should get out front for Tasha Tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom