Sacred Heart stepping up it's game, buys land in Bpt | The Boneyard

Sacred Heart stepping up it's game, buys land in Bpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bridgeport City Council backs sale of golf course acreage
Wow... HUGE step forward for the overall experience for that school..

Don't know if anyone else has played 18 on the greens in that area but it is absolutely one of the most breathtaking views I've seen in that area.. Best time to go is end of the Summer when foliage can be seen for what seems like miles and miles.. Just gorgeous...

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see where their academics are in 5-10 years with all this investment. Theyve fallen so far behind Fairfield U at this point.

Reaction Score
They've actually taken steps forward in terms of academics.. I think, overall, they'll provide a better experience than Fairfield (academic and athletic). Fairfield had it going but when their funding fell apart for football ( too bad, they were killing it on the football field at their level ) seems like they took a step back on the athletics side.. Clearly, their academics is top notch (can't forge that). I just see Sacred Heart taking advantage of the overall experience for students and student athletes.

Reaction Score
They've actually taken steps forward in terms of academics.. I think, overall, they'll provide a better experience than Fairfield (academic and athletic). Fairfield had it going but when their funding fell apart for football ( too bad, they were killing it on the football field at their level ) seems like they took a step back on the athletics side.. Clearly, their academics is top notch (can't forge that). I just see Sacred Heart taking advantage of the overall experience for students and student athletes.
Ehhh, not so sure about that. Fairfield U is still in a much nicer area and that academic gap is substantial. I grew up in Fairfield so I had no interest in either but in a decision between the two, it's a pretty easy choice IMO. Having worked with plenty of recent grads from both schools, it's also pretty obvious that Fairfield is getting the higher caliber students.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Bridgeport is Americas newest most vibrant college town. Who knew?

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart will eventually take over ND-Fairfield and call it Sacred Heart Prep. Then they will own almost all the land from the golf course to the Merrit Parkway.

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart will eventually take over ND-Fairfield and call it Sacred Heart Prep. Then they will own almost all the land from the golf course to the Merrit Parkway.

Yea, but will Sacred Heart Prep be in the SCC?

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart no longer has any trouble beating IVY League football teams. Even Yale wants no part of them. This is how far northeast college football has declined. UC is really nothing more than a big fish in a small pond. We may be over estimating the program, and how it's viewed on the national stage.

Reaction Score
Probably not, but the FCIAC is their goal. They want to be the new St.Joes.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Sacred Heart no longer has any trouble beating IVY League football teams. Even Yale wants no part of them. This is how far northeast college football has declined. UC is really nothing more than a big fish in a small pond. We may be over estimating the program, and how it's viewed on the national stage.

Not sure why the comment on University of Cincinnati here, but oh well.....

Reaction Score
Fairfield University is a Jesuit school. Kind of difficult for other Roman Catholic institutions to top Jesuit schools.

What's interesting is the dislike for SHU. Their administration IS somewhat sloppy, sadly. At least they won't build on the land bought. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy the GE building. They are also aiming to upgrade their athletic facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom