Rutgers vs Wash St | The Boneyard

Rutgers vs Wash St

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Defensive units stayed home today. Washington State throwing all over the girls.

Reaction Score
A Rutgers win is a loss for the rest of the world.
Damn, RU were 9 pt dogs? Great young RBs and WRs...I was surprised how they took it to Wazoo and Leach !?! Lots of congrats on their board from well wishers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Any prayer of UConn getting in the B1G depends on Rutgers being a failure. Bad start to the season on this issue.

Reaction Score
On the bright side if RU has a good year and extends their coach we will have one less thing to worry about.

Our Temple and RU wins last year suddenly look a lot better.

Reaction Score
The NY Post did a pre-season preview of Rutgers about a week ago. Flood was concerned with the experience and depth of his defensive backs. Offensively they had been lighting them up all camp. Nova is a good QB who when he doesn't make poor decisions can throw the ball...and with Freidgen as his QB coach could make a huge turn around in the turnover category. The fact they gave up so many passing yards though may not bode well for them as the season wears on. A good win for them though to say the least. I think we need Rutgers to have a good season this year...the total opposite of what Nelson wrote.

Reaction Score
Yes, it would be evidence that the AAC/old Big East teams are worth absorbing.

I agree. IMHO half the reason FSU and Clemson were so strongly against us is how pathetic BC and their fans have been. No one wants to add another northeast loser.

Reaction Score
I somehow missed that Freidgen was RU’s new OC. Smart, if expensive move for them. Also gives them a viable back-up head coach should Flood continue to have issues. The local paper here in Jersey was clear that RU’s B1G concern was dealing with the larger lines (offense and defense) that the established B1G teams have. I think Rutgers showing some success in the B1G within the B1G can only help UConn as UConn and Rutgers were just about 50/50 as rivals in the Big E, which would show that UConn, with the right coach, can be competitive.

Reaction Score
Disagree..Rutgers a B10 failure will not help UConn to B10. Rutgers a success would be better for us. IMHO
I completely agree Sky ball....JD wants to lock down the NE? Who but UConn can put a ribbon on it? RU failure might scare them!?!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In other news, did anyone else notice that Temple from the lowly AAC crushed the SEC's Vanderbilt, on the road? That can't hurt the image of the league, even if Vandy is a weak program.

Reaction Score
In other news, did anyone else notice that Temple from the lowly AAC crushed the SEC's Vanderbilt, on the road? That can't hurt the image of the league, even if Vandy is a weak program.
Outside of RU and after UConn I really like Temple and wish them the best ...CFB is better than perceived up here in the NE!! Whatever happened to the eastern bias?? TU has had a nice run on HC's ala Cinncy. The AAC will surprise folks this year and I'm confident UConn is on there way to the P5 very shortly!! I got a little nervous when they (TU) botched the punt for a Vandy score.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Vandy has gone to 3 straight bowls. It's a good thing for UConn that Temple beat an SEC team and UConn could beat Temple.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Louisville will provide plenty of evidence that the old Big East teams can play this year since I think they finish around 3rd in the ACC. Pitt and Syracuse are happy in their mediocrity in the ACC, whereas Pitt was mediocre in the Big East and Syracuse was terrible. TCU is going to have a big year. VTech has been a power in the ACC for years. WVU has sucked, but the Big 12 has been arguably the toughest football league the last 3 years. The question is not whether the Big East teams can play, it is whether Rutgers can deliver New York by themselves. If they can, the Big 10 does not need us.

Reaction Score
Louisville will provide plenty of evidence that the old Big East teams can play this year since I think they finish around 3rd in the ACC. Pitt and Syracuse are happy in their mediocrity in the ACC, whereas Pitt was mediocre in the Big East and Syracuse was terrible. TCU is going to have a big year. VTech has been a power in the ACC for years. WVU has sucked, but the Big 12 has been arguably the toughest football league the last 3 years. The question is not whether the Big East teams can play, it is whether Rutgers can deliver New York by themselves. If they can, the Big 10 does not need us.
Truthfully I don't think any 1 team in CFB can deliver ALL of NYC by themselve!?!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Truthfully I don't think any 1 team in CFB can deliver ALL of NYC by themselve!?!
That's the hope isn't it? UConn + Rutgers + Penn St. For the Big Ten (personal preference) > Notre Dame for the ACC. UConn + Notre Dame > Rutgers and Penn St.

Reaction Score

WV was game against Alabama, which is good. Syracuse, on the other hand, had to go to OT to beat I-AA Villanova at home. Rutgers had a good win against a mediocre PAC team. The Penn St. game will be a big one for them. As for NYC, no one is saying that Rutgers will carry NYC by itself as NYC is too big and has too many transplants from all over the college sports landscape. The question is if either the ACC or the B1G truly want to control the NYC market, who has the edge with the ACC with Syracuse/ND & others versus the B1G with RU/Penn St & others and if the advantage is minimal for either conference, which appears to be the truth, then does UConn, the last major unaffiliated P5 team left with a major footprint in the NYC market become attractive enough to rock the alignment boat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom