Rutgers more incompetence - A Jersey Guy | The Boneyard

Rutgers more incompetence - A Jersey Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I cared about RU more this would be my signature:

This is beyond pathetic. This, unfortunately, is Rutgers. - A Jersey Guy.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ya know I feel for our Scarlet brethren a bit.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie plans to speak with Rutgers officials about a report that the athletic director hired to clean up the school's scandal-scarred program quit as Tennessee's women's volleyball coach 16 years ago after her players complained she ruled through humiliation, fear and emotional abuse.

You get a couple of bad bounces and suddenly you are a "scandal-scarred program". We know from experience that those kind of labels hang around.

Reaction Score

You get a couple of bad bounces and suddenly you are a "scandal-scarred program". We know from experience that those kind of labels hang around.

Sadly, I have to agree with you! It's unfortunate that our fat governor had to put his KFC smelling fried chicken opinion on this issue with Rice and suggesting that our previous AD had to resign. Unfortunately for us, it caused a ripple affect that will taint our image for years to come.

IMO, it was unnecessary for Pernetti to resign, but Rice's firing had to be done. There would not have been a void and controversy on the athletic department. However, it just stuns me that this issue is now coming out, especially with the young ladies from Tennessee. As long as Hermann had been working there as an AAD, there was plenty of time for her crucifixion to be done publicly, especially at that juncture. I just really don't see the logic in all of this. IMPO, the president has made 3 maybe 4 blunders all within the span of 2 months. And these blunders are pretty serious. And to have politicians like Sheila Oliver to joust their opinions as facts, which aren't true, she, along with some others, are really asking for their political heads on a spike, because they themselves asked for some of the drastic changes, which were unnecessary.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sadly, I have to agree with you! It's unfortunate that our fat governor had to put his KFC smelling fried chicken opinion on this issue with Rice and suggesting that our previous AD had to resign. Unfortunately for us, it caused a ripple affect that will taint our image for years to come.

IMO, it was unnecessary for Pernetti to resign, but Rice's firing had to be done. There would not have been a void and controversy on the athletic department. However, it just stuns me that this issue is now coming out, especially with the young ladies from Tennessee. As long as Hermann had been working there as an AAD, there was plenty of time for her crucifixion to be done publicly, especially at that juncture. I just really don't see the logic in all of this. IMPO, the president has made 3 maybe 4 blunders all within the span of 2 months. And these blunders are pretty serious. And to have politicians like Sheila Oliver to joust their opinions as facts, which aren't true, she, along with some others, are really asking for their political heads on a spike, because they themselves asked for some of the drastic changes, which were unnecessary.
I think that a case can be made to have kept Pernetti and gotten rid of Barchi. To be honest, I really wouldn't mind having Pernetti as our AD, if we were looking. Barchi, on the other hand, has had too many misses. He really needs to fall on his sword.

FWIW, Christie is right to comment. This situation has been badly misplayed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Without getting into whether Pernetti should have gone or not, it's very clear the hiring committees involved here are seriously incompetent.

Reaction Score

LOL, he said taint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

I definitely feel bad for RU fans because they had no play in the Rice ordeal, but the stuff he did is a step above anything JC did. A few extra calls for a kid that never played is no scandal. We were talking about emotional and physical abuse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think that a case can be made to have kept Pernetti and gotten rid of Barchi. To be honest, I really wouldn't mind having Pernetti as our AD, if we were looking. Barchi, on the other hand, has had too many misses. He really needs to fall on his sword.

FWIW, Christie is right to comment. This situation has been badly misplayed.

And it's amazing they are going to go down because of Mike frigging Rice. Anyone who ever saw a Robert Morris game would have known the guy was untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom