Reaction Score
This is from an article at nj.com:

RUTGERS
Historical ineptitude: 8
Leadership Incompetence: 8
Current bleakness: 6
Future hopelessness: 7
Overall: 7.25

Yeah, the football team stinks, the basketball team is losing to every Tom, Dick and William & Mary, but remember: Everything will be better when the Big Ten arrives and Ohio State is on the schedule! Yikes.

They did not rate UConn but I have a feeling our numbers would be a lot better now that we have HCBD.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/...he_worst_our_misery_meter_has_the_answer.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Sorry, but no one gets to complain when their team wins – steals – two championships in a five-year span. You’ll have wait five years from now, when Eli Manning has wasted his entire prime throwing 20 interceptions a season on teams that miss the playoffs."

Exactly what I've been saying. And Rutgers should be THE highest on that list. Never won a championship except for one in fencing in 1949...

Reaction Score
He's a RU alumnus, correct? Or is that the other football writer?

Good lord, no. The other guy (Luicci) is an RU alumnus -- and is usually very on-point about RU (the highs and the lows). Politi, on the other hand, went to UNC. As far as I can tell he is much more of an editorialist than a journalist. He basically gets paid to say whatever vapid crap is running through his head at the time.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Rutgers is headed to the B1G, they still win.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is headed to the B1G, they still win.
There's no victory in being laughed at by conference mates. Wait till they see RutgersAl's video for the stadium.

Reaction Score
Good lord, no. The other guy (Luicci) is an RU alumnus -- and is usually very on-point about RU (the highs and the lows). Politi, on the other hand, went to UNC. As far as I can tell he is much more of an editorialist than a journalist. He basically gets paid to say whatever vapid crap is running through his head at the time.

From what I can tell the highs were Phil Sellers, a FF in women's basketball and one good season in football. The lows are everything else.

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell he is much more of an editorialist than a journalist. He basically gets paid to say whatever vapid crap is running through his head at the time.

Don't most of them do the same thing and this includes TV especially?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Don't most of them do the same thing and this includes TV especially?
Politi is a columnist, that's basically his job. Journalists are supposed to report the news objectively, columnists write their opinions. Many people, including Dez, don't understand this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My intial response was going to be, "perpetual." But since it's a number, they are going to be at the bottom of the B1G for a long time, unless they leverage the propects of players and coaches competing in the new league into a new dynamic. All they need is a few HoF coaches.

I would peg UConn's index at 4.25 (3,3,6,5). CR and PP soley responsible for the bleakness and FB uncertainty responsible for the History, Leadership, and hopelessness numbers. Remove them and you are closer to a 2.00 (1, 2, 2, 3).

Reaction Score
I have to dispute a couple of things; First of Histoical ineptitude: only an 8??? Seriously? Rugters? they are the definition of an inept athletic program. #2, Politi seems surprised someone prefers Minsk to Newark? Seriously? Has he ever been to Newark?

Reaction Score
And from the Newark Dump Truck show...
funny-fat-gigantic13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members