Rutgers ... looking out that back door | The Boneyard

Rutgers ... looking out that back door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10...ekend-in-the-tri-state-rutgers-gets-that-nod/

CBS Sports (and actually this is a frequent topic through her columns) Kristian Dyer beating the drum that a Big East Championship MEANS ACC membership. This is the continual danger in being the BE; #6 League. Rise ... and you might earn your way up. (*the system sucks ... there should be relegation of the poor Programs as well)

I don't think this year's Rutgers has proven anything. (Howard, Tulane, a weak flaccid Arkansas and the perennial bi-polar USF). We shall see about them soon.

Reaction Score
I haven't read it. Probably won't. It looks like just another headline/readership grab. If the ACC were looking for Big East champions to add, they wouldn't have Pitt and Cuse, and WVU wouldn't be in teh Big 12.

The problem the Big EAst conference has is quite literally, minute by minute, shrinking. WIthout the media backing, there's nothign but words to promote right now. The winning records, the reality, it's all just words until we've got a propoganda machine to go out and fire up.

What the BIg East conference - and schools like UConn, and UNJ, have? is the actual value to promote though, which means when the big east propoganda starts soon enough with a new media base, we'll actually have all the winning records, and positives to back up the promotion, which makes it much less propoganda - and actual marketing.

25 days til halloween.

I still fully expect Bristol to throw whatever kind of ugliness they can out before all hallow's eve, and our pending free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom