Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
8"]Prince Shembo. Dead student from the adjacent girls school with the ND police, admin and FB staff all pushing for the girl to be quiet after he (allegedly) sexually assaulted her. Text messages exist that show the pressure. The kid in the tower. Barring opposing players from campus for games if they had an infraction (usually underage drinking) while a visitor at ND (at least 3 examples know of).

ND is as bad as any school with what FB gets away with. The academic dismissals that Kelly uses to appear like an enforcer are a joke.

But right now, RU needs to clean house. Even by the worst of standards, the # FB programs is pretty shameful.
Unreal how quick a ND fan is to knock another and use the opportunity to promote his glass house.[/QUOTE]

I am no ND fan. But I am crapping on both ND and RU. They both have significant issues with their FB coaches, culture and fan attitude. Only difference is that ND has a better PR/press corp that allows their turds to be polished nicer and sprayed with a nice perfume while RU's just sits there and stinks.

Reaction Score
KSargeantNJ 3:33pm via Twitter Web Client
Kyle Flood suspended 3 games as Rutgers coach
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/kyle_flood_suspended_as_rutgers_coach.html

StevePoliti3:51pm via Twitter Web Client
The details are coming now. Flood not only emailed the professor, but had an in-person meeting -- and this was after he was told not to.

StevePoliti3:58pm via Twitter Web Client
Good grief. Flood even "provided grammatical and minor editorial suggestions" to a paper in hopes of getting Nadir Barnwell eligible.

StevePoliti4:08pm via Twitter Web Client
Here is the full letter from Barchi, with a link to the entire report
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...barchis_letter_suspending_k.html#incart_river

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KSargeantNJ 3:33pm via Twitter Web Client
Kyle Flood suspended 3 games as Rutgers coach
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/kyle_flood_suspended_as_rutgers_coach.html

StevePoliti3:51pm via Twitter Web Client
The details are coming now. Flood not only emailed the professor, but had an in-person meeting -- and this was after he was told not to.

StevePoliti3:58pm via Twitter Web Client
Good grief. Flood even "provided grammatical and minor editorial suggestions" to a paper in hopes of getting Nadir Barnwell eligible.

StevePoliti4:08pm via Twitter Web Client
Here is the full letter from Barchi, with a link to the entire report
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...barchis_letter_suspending_k.html#incart_river

So he also lied about doing these things. How is this only a 3 game suspension?

Reaction Score
Some douchenozzle RU fan calling into Francesa right now claims that "programs all over the country have this happen all the time." Francesa asks if he means programs get seven guys arrested in two weeks - guy agrees. Absolutely mindboggling. Guy also thinks the problem is the president taking this too seriously, not Flood.

Reaction Score
Some douchenozzle RU fan calling into Francesa right now claims that "programs all over the country have this happen all the time." Francesa asks if he means programs get seven guys arrested in two weeks - guy agrees. Absolutely mindboggling. Guy also thinks the problem is the president taking this too seriously, not Flood.

This dove tails with this story from USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...smissals-fan-reaction-norfolk-state/71772924/

Basically the reporter went to an RU tailgate last weekend and the prevailing talk from fans was essentially, "This is what playing big time football is about."

This is a really, really bad look for Rutgers. It's one thing for them to get in trouble, but it's another to have the fan base be so flippant about it. Doesn't reflect well on the administration.

Reaction Score
The guy claimed Flood "can't babysit the whole team 24/7" yet every other coach in America finds a way to not have seven guys arrested in two weeks....or two months.....or two seasons....

Reaction Score
None of us should be surprised. We have seen & heard this crap rationalization from SUNJ/RU fans for over a decade.

They didn't color outside the lines. They, frankly, have never acknowledged that there was some behavior/issue with their Team and the kind of kids they have brought in. Interspersed way beyond the events publicized the last few weeks. And, further control by the FB administration would have led to this stuff covered up. Like Flood trying to raise grades.

Reaction Score

Was his name Al or Nick?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here is a link to the actual report. It's interesting reading.

Take a look at page 6 forward. Flood's actions are much more benign than they are being portrayed and the teacher and the academic adviser come off less favorably than they are portrayed in the media.

By the way the report finds that there is no violation in the coach helping the player with the grammar on his paper.

The report also alludes to a possible NCAA violation. A second law firm is looking into that. I think that there is more to come.

[Is it bad that I secretly want Delaney to take a Mulligan and drop RU for us?]

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Take a look at page 6 forward. Flood's actions are much more benign than they are being portrayed and the teacher and the academic adviser come off less favorably than they are portrayed in the media.

By the way the report finds that there is no violation in the coach helping the player with the grammar on his paper.

The report also alludes to a possible NCAA violation. A second law firm is looking into that. I think that there is more to come.

[Is it bad that I secretly want Delaney to take a Mulligan and drop RU for us?]

Why would that be bad? There are plenty of fans that have said this prior to the multitude of scandals that have befallen them since inclusion in the conference. It would never happen for the dangerous precedent it would set + legal ramifications, but there certainly is an appeal to bringing in a basketball powerhouse with similar football and the added bonus of hockey.

Reaction Score
Why shouldn't i....I'm simply a fan for 51 yrs and don't carry the diploma. Academics are fine at RU so why should i be concerned about that....its the politicization of RU by Christie and the seeming press war....Barchi is a clown like his boss and has no business being president of a large complex state university being the jellyfish he is...he's in over his head but Christie put him there and protects him.... its not us T shirt fans fault. Just get the AD house in order.BTW....the research firm that recommended RU and their value didn't take relationships in order but it helps to build them....its a blood sport in itself.

Outside of athletics I haven't seen much negative feedback regarding Barchi. One of the things he has done was appoint a chancellor for the New Brunswick campus. My understanding is that the chancellors of the Newark and Camden campuses oversee their own athletic departments. It seems like it would be a good idea to delegate oversight of athletics at NB to the chancellor as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Keep in mind that it is essentially Rutgers writing the report.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that it is essentially Rutgers writing the report.
Yep, much like it was the NFL that wrote the Wells report. The big difference that this report is internally consistent. I'm pretty sure the emails are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom