Rutgers has given up 143 consecutive points without scoring. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers has given up 143 consecutive points without scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, you completely ignore the beginning and end of the Schiano era and the enromous sh7t desert that came the 50 years before.

Gotcha.

Reality is that Rutgers hasn't just started sucking. If anything was a blip, it was the two years of the past half century that weren't sucky.

The Terry Shea is where this "Rutgers has sucked for 50 years" came from. Prior to that we had decent teams for the level of competition we played. Schiano had to clean that all up and subsequently we went to 9 bowls in 11 years. We had winning teams in the 60's, including an undefeated team, winning teams in the 70's, including an undefeated team, and had been a middling team before Shea. So that "sucky" reference (in terms of football) has no basis in fact.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The Terry Shea is where this "Rutgers has sucked for 50 years" came from. Prior to that we had decent teams for the level of competition we played. Schiano had to clean that all up and subsequently we went to 9 bowls in 11 years. We had winning teams in the 60's, including an undefeated team, winning teams in the 70's, including an undefeated team, and had been a middling team before Shea. So that "sucky" reference (in terms of football) has no basis in fact.

Ok chief. Whatever.

If you want to pretend Rutgers football hasn't sucked for a couple of millennium, who am I to say you shouldn't do drugs.

Reaction Score
Ok chief. Whatever.

If you want to pretend Rutgers football hasn't sucked for a couple of millennium, who am I to say you shouldn't do drugs.

Geez, what a historian. A denialist who thinks the world is flat, the moon is made of cheese and the Holocaust is fiction. Good luck to you.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Geez, what a historian. A denialist who thinks the world is flat, the moon is made of cheese and the Holocaust is fiction. Good luck to you.

maybe, as a rutgers fan, you confuse good with sucking?

sdhusky

Reaction Score

are you really equating Holocaust denying with denying Rutgers sucking?

That is gross.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is in an impossible division in an impossible conference for them to be successful. I know it is all about the money, but what old East Indies teams are actually doing well in their new leagues? PSU got humiliated by Michigan and Rutgirls showed why women should not be allowed to play football. 5 passing yards, 34 rushing yards, 2 first downs! Are you kidding me??????

Reaction Score
Ya gotta admit, RU has had a brutal early season schedule (already faced 3 top 5 teams), but that's what they signed up for - to play the OSUs and Michigans of the world.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm certainly not justifying giving up points in a historic fashion these past 2 games. I'm just saying our previous coach almost completely tore down the program with poor recruiting, lack of on and off team discipline, and poor work habits on his part. Ash has to overcome all that plus install a whole new system that the previously recruited players are not suited for. My analogy to what Pasqualone did to your program or what G. Robinson did to Syracuse's program are appropriate IMO. I can't say BD's first year would have resulted in 2 consecutive blowout shutouts, but I feel confident enough to say his first team would have lost both (and to UW also) by pretty large margins.
I give you credit. Attempting to defend Rutgers athletic programs has to be somewhat similar to trying to defend Bernie Madoff as a money manager.

It's a fool's errand that takes quite a bit of spunk (and delusion) to pursue.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
LOLinois. The end of that half was other worldly terrible. Still beating Rutgers though

Reaction Score
Diaco, PP?

The guy came to a team with limited talent. It will be interesting to see how well he recruits and how quickly.

I know Illinois is winning right now, but lovie smith might be the worst hire of all time.

Reaction Score
Ya gotta admit, RU has had a brutal early season schedule (already faced 3 top 5 teams), but that's what they signed up for - to play the OSUs and Michigans of the world.
And now they have no real excuses for putting up this performance against Illinois

edit up to 160

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Finally... happy for the cannon crew.
happy dance3.gif

Reaction Score
Pick 6
awesome! Just when Rutty thought they had some momentum

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
This game is the best of all the games. LOL Rutgers

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
YOU ARE A MORON to even mention the Holocaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32