Rutgers has given up 143 consecutive points without scoring. | The Boneyard

Rutgers has given up 143 consecutive points without scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Iowa scored the last seven points of their game with Rutgers.

Ohio State score fifty-eight points

Michigan scored seventy-eight points.

That means that Rutgers has given up 143 points without answering. 143. Yikes.

And yes, this kind of historic ineptitude deserves its own thread. It's EPIC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So if this continues for another couple weeks (and it likely will), you have to figure the Rutgers recruiting class is very poachable.

Reaction Score
do you think anything would be that much different if that was us ? you never want to get tangled up with any team that is in or on the verge of a top 4 playoff spot. they will show no mercy.

Reaction Score
do you think anything would be that much different if that was us ? you never want to get tangled up with any team that is in or on the verge of a top 4 playoff spot. they will show no mercy.

Rutgers is a history of ineptitude - UConn one of success. Would Michigan roll over us this season? Sure. But, over time UConn would be competitive. Not Rutgers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
RUTGERS - Just shaking my head
I cant believe they are in a P5 and UConn and Cinci are dying to get in
It just ain't right

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We already know why they're in the B1G and we're not. It doesn't have to be explained again.
I wasn't looking for an explanation - I've got some brains
Thanks for saving your time and energy Bugs

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hey, Rutgers record of giving up a 143 points without scoring pales when you consider Christie's record of 246 dates without scoring.

Reaction Score
With that schedule there's no shame in that result. If the same thing is happening after years 6 and 7 in the BIG then it is a story.

Reaction Score
Let's see, tell me how you guys would do playing the #'s 2, 4, and 5 teams in the first 6 weeks of a new coaching tenure after firing Paul Pasqualone?

Reaction Score
With that schedule there's no shame in that result. If the same thing is happening after years 6 and 7 in the BIG then it is a story.
If you're Rutgers there is no room left for shame. It's all been used up.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's see, tell me how you guys would do playing the #'s 2, 4, and 5 teams in the first 6 weeks of a new coaching tenure after firing Paul Pasqualone?

Better than you did.

Reaction Score
Better than you did.

If you say so. I guess a 2-10 record in BD's first season in the AAC qualifies you to extrapolate a better result with RU's B1G schedule so far. I'm sure that roster would have just overwhelmed this year's version on UW, OSU, and Mich. Thanks for the detailed response.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Just getting a FG, and losing 143- puts us, mathematically, infinitely ahead of you guys.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you say so. I guess a 2-10 record in BD's first season in the AAC qualifies you to extrapolate a better result with RU's B1G schedule so far. I'm sure that roster would have just overwhelmed this year's version on UW, OSU, and Mich. Thanks for the detailed response.
We definitely took some lumps Diaco's first year but we're measly UConn not a powerhouse with access to the nations top recruits like RU.

Reaction Score
We definitely took some lumps Diaco's first year but we're measly UConn not a powerhouse with access to the nations top recruits like RU.

I'm certainly not justifying giving up points in a historic fashion these past 2 games. I'm just saying our previous coach almost completely tore down the program with poor recruiting, lack of on and off team discipline, and poor work habits on his part. Ash has to overcome all that plus install a whole new system that the previously recruited players are not suited for. My analogy to what Pasqualone did to your program or what G. Robinson did to Syracuse's program are appropriate IMO. I can't say BD's first year would have resulted in 2 consecutive blowout shutouts, but I feel confident enough to say his first team would have lost both (and to UW also) by pretty large margins.

Reaction Score
I'm certainly not justifying giving up points in a historic fashion these past 2 games. I'm just saying our previous coach almost completely tore down the program with poor recruiting, lack of on and off team discipline, and poor work habits on his part. Ash has to overcome all that plus install a whole new system that the previously recruited players are not suited for. My analogy to what Pasqualone did to your program or what G. Robinson did to Syracuse's program are appropriate IMO. I can't say BD's first year would have resulted in 2 consecutive blowout shutouts, but I feel confident enough to say his first team would have lost both (and to UW also) by pretty large margins.

We wouldn't have let things get that far out of hand before bringing in our secret weapon.

yvfcj.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Look - football is just a starting point at the U of NJ
UNJ is a dump fire athletically
Getting a UConn guy to head the mens BB program is a good start but he will be facing huge recruitment obstacles above and beyond what UConn faces being in the AAC
Somehow UNJ conned their way into a P5 and that was great for them but My God theres not much upside to UNJ at all

Reaction Score
Look - football is just a starting point at the U of NJ
UNJ is a dump fire athletically
Getting a UConn guy to head the mens BB program is a good start but he will be facing huge recruitment obstacles above and beyond what UConn faces being in the AAC
Somehow UNJ conned their way into a P5 and that was great for them but My God theres not much upside to UNJ at all

I thought we were discussing the football program. Bball is for another thread.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I thought we were discussing the football program. Bball is for another thread.

Are you a moderator now?

Bouchedag.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Nice comeback. So much for civil discourse.

You are the one saying that Rutgers program was ruined by recent coaches.

If you include every coach of the last 50 years, you have a point.

Reaction Score
You are the one saying that Rutgers program was ruined by recent coaches.

If you include every coach of the last 50 years, you have a point.

No, what I said was that Flood set us back from all the progress made under Schiano (paraphrasing myself) and that was analagous to what Pasqualoni did to your program after Edsall left.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
No, what I said was that Flood set us back from all the progress made under Schiano (paraphrasing myself) and that was analagous to what Pasqualoni did to your program after Edsall left.

So, you completely ignore the beginning and end of the Schiano era and the enromous sh7t desert that came the 50 years before.

Gotcha.

Reality is that Rutgers hasn't just started sucking. If anything was a blip, it was the two years of the past half century that weren't sucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom