Rutgers Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Rutgers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible last series. Poorly thrown screen pass that had big potential, no discussion with the refs about putting time back on the clock, and not taking one more play to make the FG a little closer.

Horrible coaching and time management.

Reaction Score
We are embarrasingly bad. What a joke. High school quarterback, High school receivers to go with an offensive coordinator and head coach who should be hanging out at the local senior center eating soup and crackers.

F

fortebleedsblue

Yeah, we're seeing it on TV with replay. They have a completely different vantage point on the sidelines.

BULL they get paid MILLIONS to make the right decisions. That was a FAIL

Reaction Score
I cannot understand how any player on this team has any belief or trust in Coach Blue or GD. If I'm Chad Christen I am freaking furious right now. The whole team should be mad for that matter.

F

fortebleedsblue

We are embarrasingly bad. What a joke. High school quarterback, High school receivers to go with an offensive coordinator and head coach who should be hanging out at the local senior center eating soup and crackers.

you dont know what your talking about.

Reaction Score
Our offense looks like the Jets offense :eek:

Coach Brown should have P and GDL stuffed in a locker at the half and leave them there.

Reaction Score
What a joke. PP will certainly hear about this at the senior center bingo tomorrow.

Reaction Score
OK can we now say that the game has clearly passed PP and GDL by?

What a frickin' disgrace.

I can't believe I am going to defend GDL (gulp). But the issue this game has been a total lack of execution. 2 huge misses on a wide open Ryan Griffin. On field goal drive, the 3rd and goal play call was perfect, except McCummings through a curveball out of bounds. Last drive, beautiful call on a pass to McCombs - dropped. If he caught that in stride, it would have been a huge gain.

Now clock management? Disgraceful (I know, I am being dramatic).

Defense playing awesome. Offense needs to execute (I know, that word is hated around here).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Sorry but I disagree with all of this except for the coaching comment. The only reason we are in this game is because of our players, including our QB and WR. Whitmer continues to look solid in the pocket and is improving each game. Our receivers are showing some promise too. The only thing to criticize is the coaches who are too stupid to call Timeouts and are making horrific Offensive playcalls.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I disagree with all of this except for the coaching comment. The only reason we are in this game is because of our players, including our QB and WR. Whitmer continues to look solid in the pocket and is improving each game. Our receivers are showing some promise too. The only thing to criticize is the coaches who are too stupid to call Timeouts and are making horrific Offensive playcalls.
Whitmer, aside from the int, has been great. Davis is a stud, simple as that. We haven't caught that pass in a long time.

Reaction Score
Ok step away from the ledge! If you actually watch the QB and the receivers are actually decent but with the horrible running game they have had to pass on obvious passing situations which is normally not good. If given a chance the QB has looked quite good. This horrible play calling has to stop. Fire the OC and the HC who is definitely too old. 3 ffff TO's and you can't use one to stop the clock. No excuse for that!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I can't believe I am going to defend GDL (gulp). But the issue this game has been a total lack of execution. 2 huge misses on a wide open Ryan Griffin. On field goal drive, the 3rd and goal play call was perfect, except McCummings through a curveball out of bounds. Last drive, beautiful call on a pass to McCombs - dropped. If he caught that in stride, it would have been a huge gain.

Now clock management? Disgraceful (I know, I am being dramatic).

Defense playing awesome. Offense needs to execute (I know, that word is hated around here).

Agreed. DeLeone is terrible and needs to learn that Lyle isn't a power back, but his playcalling hasn't been that bad today. We have had plenty of opportunities to hook up on big passing plays and have not executed.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are giving Whitmer too much credit. He over threw Griffin twice when he was open and it looked like the drop by Lyle was underthrown.

Last I heard he was 4 for 11 for 50 yards and 1 int.

Our defense is why we are in this game. Coaching is worse than high school.

Reaction Score
Whitmer continues to turn the ball over every week either by interceptions or fumble. I think he would be a solid backup quarterback. However, I do believe that eventually we will find a serviceable Quarterback. Once the conference alignment stuff works itself out and we find out if we will be stuck in this mid major conference or in the big five. Depending on where we end up, we should be able to recruit a quartback that suits our conference level. The uncertainty is hurting recruiting.

Reaction Score
Agreed. DeLeone is terrible and needs to learn that Lyle isn't a power back, but his playcalling hasn't been that bad today. We have had plenty of opportunities to hook up on big passing plays and have not executed.

Eight of our first nine first downs we ran. Not good play calling.

Reaction Score
Lyle McCombs. The one hit wonder. LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Couple high school teams. Both have now fumbled a kick off

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
LOL at Rutgers. How the hell are they ranked?

We have the momentum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle