Rutgers ... can't miss the humor | The Boneyard

Rutgers ... can't miss the humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We love to see the RutgersAl hubris. The "National Championship" aura ... and pronouncements. But, not far from RutgersAl is a whole lotta other fans/boosters that are almost as delusional. But ... then there are the beat writers (the "Horde" was never National Flag wearing losers totally without perspective for our hoop teams). Last week, I read an article from Luicci whereby he said that the 5 Redshirt OLine recruits sitting out this year were the best recruited line prospects in America.

Really>?

Better than Alabama ... Michigan ... Texas .... USC?

I applaud the first quarter of Kyle Flood's first year. They are playing hard-nosed Schiano football with a bit more solid offensive tactics. And, we don't see the odd Schiano-isms that have now surfaced in Big-boy NFL games in his game day decisions (yet!). Sure I'd love to see a Crash-n-burn. But, the reverse is also inspiring: A Rutgers that actually comes closer to achieving the status its fans/followers/writers project.

Reaction Score
"He will redshirt all five of his true freshman offensive linemen, a group he has called the best collection of recruits at the position in the country."

Cool story bro.

Reaction Score
Stanford brought in 4 four stars on the offensive line in last years class and 2 five stars. I'd say that's better than Rutgers' class.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Rankings-wise (according to rivals) our 2012 OL class was #6 in the country... HC Kyle Flood was the one that believes they are the best in the country... Lucci is just repeating what HCKF said... That includes a 5th yr senior RT graduate student transfer from Maryland, RJ Dill, with 30 starts (our current starting RT and 2013 NFL draft pick), 2 4 star OLs and 3 high 3 star OLs all with multiple FBS offers many from places like ND, Michigan, Wisconsin, State Penn, FSU etc.

all of them can be found here... Out of this class of 20, all but 3 (3T-DT Darius Hamilton, WR Leontee Caroo, PK Kyle Federico) will redshirt due to quality depth ahead of them...

We are pretty much set at OL and DL for the next 3-4yrs...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/rutgers/foo.../rutgers-13;_ylt=AoYGmNc.giNwXA_YBzbln0n6tZB4

Reaction Score
With Rutgers ... it's always something. Largely tied to a belief in their recruiting prowess that never quite pans out.

For instance, since Ray Rice left RU for a brilliant career in the NFL, there have been about 8 high level kids that the Rutgers fanbase has simply gushed about. Just slobbering love from the signing date. And several QBs. They played under Schiano their Freshman year; then, we either never heard of them again OR they were position switched.

As they appear on these boards, their recruiting hype leads to yearly pronouncements of how they will dominate US & the conference. Let's see one more solid year on the field before we believe.

Reaction Score
There are many reasons why I want to beat Rutgers this weekend, but I can honestly say, that the reality and/or perceived reality of Rutgers football and their fans has very little to do with it.

I much more concerned with us. In finding out whether or not our guys have learned how to take care of business and take a show on the road, and win consecutive games.

The fact that we get Rutgers, in their current situation in 2012, as this weeks opponent? Gravy.

Reaction Score
I want Rutgers to win for the good of the conference. We need a team to go undefeated this year.

Reaction Score
I would love for us or UL to go undefeated (obviously RU more than UL). Cincy, I dunno. They do well every year but that has translated into nothing in terms of media hype.

Let's be real here gents, the conference needs media hype for next year and Boise mucked that up this season.

Reaction Score
... HC Kyle Flood was the one that believes they are the best in the country... Lucci is just repeating what HCKF said...

Our Connecticut media ... at the height of our Number 1 rankings in MBB & WBB ... never swallowed the most blue skies statements.

Reaction Score
so let me get this right. Rutgers HC, who was previously their OL coach, likes their OL prospects? What do you expect him to say? Donald Brown before last game said he'd take our corps of linebackers over any in the country, do you think the Rutgers board has a thread ridiculing him for it? I always find it ridiculous when fans try to make more out of coach speak than it is. 85% of what coaches say in the media is nonsense, why do people insist on pretending it's more than that?

why can't we just be excited that we have the opportunity to beat a ranked opponent at their house? it might actually build some of this so called "hype" everyone's looking for.

Reaction Score
Death, taxes and Pudge tweaking the Snookis. Like clockwork

Reaction Score
Even the New Jersey Generals couldn't win a championship.

Reaction Score
so let me get this right. Rutgers HC, who was previously their OL coach, likes their OL prospects? What do you expect him to say? Donald Brown before last game said he'd take our corps of linebackers over any in the country, do you think the Rutgers board has a thread ridiculing him for it? I always find it ridiculous when fans try to make more out of coach speak than it is. 85% of what coaches say in the media is nonsense, why do people insist on pretending it's more than that?

why can't we just be excited that we have the opportunity to beat a ranked opponent at their house? it might actually build some of this so called "hype" everyone's looking for.

After following the Rutgers board a bit over the last few years, I'm sure they had numerous threads on it.

Reaction Score
If the team we have seen so far shows up, then we will not be happy. But if the team we think we have shows up and Deleone lets Whitmer have a little more slack at the right time then we could ruin their season again.

Even when they were in the midst of their "dream season" and we were terrible, this game was close.

Reaction Score
After following the Rutgers board a bit over the last few years, I'm sure they had numerous threads on it.

I guess, unlike the past 10 years, we need some permission to bash Rutgers. RU is a good comic foil ... even when we are lacking football excellence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom