Russell to finish eligibility | The Boneyard

Russell to finish eligibility

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good News for the Lady Vols and probably the best for Mercedes. She has another opportunity to improve her Draft Status.

Reaction Score
I think Holly will be given time to coach the #1 class. Results will be required. I have criticized her a lot BUT i have to say....we had Nared, Russell, and DD. After that, the talent gap was huge. Missing out on recruits in those two years hurt us bad. Now, it's time to put up or she will be on the hot seat.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What are the odds we'll get a similar tweet form Diamond? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Next year UConn will be a dynamic powerhouse.
It will be very difficult for any team to compete with us but, always nice to have some competitive teams join the race.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think Holly will be given time to coach the #1 class. Results will be required. I have criticized her a lot BUT i have to say....we had Nared, Russell, and DD. After that, the talent gap was huge. Missing out on recruits in those two years hurt us bad. Now, it's time to put up or she will be on the hot seat.
Every now and then people would point out that Cooper was a big loss (injury), but I never heard much about losing Carter to medical retirement. My impression of her, and of course that's all it is, was that she was a good teammate and a glue player. That struck me as being a big loss.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Any word on what the school will do about the head coach? That seems to be the biggest impediment.
I cannot recall the coach of a top 30 wcbb team getting fired. The demand/expectations (nor $) are generally there.

Reaction Score
Every now and then people would point out that Cooper was a big loss (injury), but I never heard much about losing Carter to medical retirement. My impression of her, and of course that's all it is, was that she was a good teammate and a glue player. That struck me as being a big loss.

Any thoughts?
I agree. However, the impact of losing BOTH was enormous. Cooper was a scorer and great perimeter defender. Jackson and Middleton did not give us the same skills.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I agree. However, the impact of losing BOTH was enormous. Cooper was a scorer and great perimeter defender. Jackson and Middleton did not give us the same skills.
Yes, a big double hit.

Reaction Score
Andraya Carter was, indeed, a true leader of our team and she did, in fact, have a calming effect on the team. Fans appreciated her contributions greatly, but none of us wanted her to try to play again this year. Her knees were in bad shape before last season started and by the end of play she was in great pain every time she played. Her knees were basically ruined by years of intensive year-round high school and college play. LV fans understand her decision and honor it. She was a great player and even greater person. So no one on Rocky Top is bemoaning her loss. It was a hard choice for her, but a necessary and correct one.

One LV that we are excited about is Cheridene Green, a post from England. She has been recovering from ACL surgery this year and will be full-go next season. We will have her for two years.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the hate for DD or the Lady Vols. I am glad that Russell is returning. I believe that this years team did not live up to its potential. I would love for DD to join Russell and return. The Vols could be one helluva team.
-----------------------------------------

There has been a lot of talk about Warlick being on the chopping block. During one of the tournament games a graphic was posted comparing Summitt's first 5 years to Warlicks. They are dead even in achievements.

Do I think that Warlick will be just as good of coach as Summitt... eh.. I don't know. I think that she needs some time to live up to 9 times champion Summitt

Reaction Score
good for mercedes now coaches must light fire under her butt she must be a difference maker at post position.... and she hasn't been she is capable... the game she played against (Baylor, I think) was great.... but nothing comparable to that game the rest of the season.... Good luck to her

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't understand the hate for DD or the Lady Vols. I am glad that Russell is returning. I believe that this years team did not live up to its potential. I would love for DD to join Russell and return. The Vols could be one helluva team.
........................----.

There has been a lot of talk about Warlick being on the chopping block. During one of the tournament games a graphic was posted comparing Summitt's first 5 years to Warlicks. They are dead even in achievements.

Do I think that Warlick will be just as good of coach as Summitt... eh.. I don't know. I think that she needs some time to live up to 9 times champion Summitt
Friendly edit: Only eight.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
put me in the camp that says any year without a FF is a bust. elite 8's mean nothing.
I do "get it" - but I think those sorts of expectations on a program that just isn't there (at this moment) are unreasonable.

I would think "strong" performance for a couple of years (and deep run) would indicate the program was on the right track.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom