Russell to Announce Oct 30? | The Boneyard

Russell to Announce Oct 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I read this on the Baylor board. Maybe this is old news?

10:10 PM - 26 Oct 12
Steve Mims‏@SteveMims_RG
In other Springfield news, Mercedes Russell will announce her college at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in pep rally at gym. It's Tennessee or Louisville

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Walz has proved in the past he can win close recruiting battles with elite programs. I see Mercedes putting Lady Vol nation on temporary suicide alert Tuesday afternoon when she announces Louisville. Tennessee will be fine without her but Louisville has a lot riding on her decision.

Do you know who Imani Wright is leaning towards? I hear she is Baylor or Louisville

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Walz has proved in the past he can win close recruiting battles with elite programs. I see Mercedes putting Lady Vol nation on temporary suicide alert Tuesday afternoon when she announces Louisville. Tennessee will be fine without her but Louisville has a lot riding on her decision.

Do you know who Imani Wright is leaning towards? I hear she is Baylor or Louisville

Not sure on Wright. Hoping it's Baylor but it sounds like we may not know until the late signing period.

Reaction Score
War between U of L and TN culminates through this weekend with 3 OR AAU teammates visiting at this moment U of L! #1 Russell,#42 Reynolds,and Montgomery! Along with IL #40 Henderson. They are still after #31 Wright from TX!

Last weekend TN had #1 Russell,#2 decommitted Davis,#9 Scaife,#40 Henderson,#42 Montgomery!
I thought TN had the advantage after last weekend! Then #8 Tucker decommits/father says maybe it was due to inaccurate inf/Tucker talking to Coaches:rolleyes:

U of L gets commitment from top Juco PG with 3 yrs remaining! They have fellow OR friends the Shimmel sisters at Uof L star PG Shoni and Jude!

Russell ,per her AAU Coach Abraham, saying she will probably announce Tues/Weds! Loves the "facilities" and great relationship with Walz.

2 other things struck me! Russell compared to Candace Parker:eek: Was this a TN pitch?
Abraham was quoted if Walz gets the 3 OR kids" he'll have,I'm sure, the Top Recruiting Class in the Nation.............":rolleyes: AHHHH don't think she is Candace Parker and NC has #1 class,but this will be huge for U of L or TN.

Go U of L
Ira

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
The Candace Parker comparison is a joke. Lockwood didn't have a lot to do with Candace Parker being so good either. She was already developed yo her fullest in HS. Russell needs some work

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
If I were a n LV fan, and I thought Russell was going to announce right after visiting Louisville, I wouldd be despondent.

Reaction Score
If I were a n LV fan, and I thought Russell was going to announce right after visiting Louisville, I wouldd be despondent.

The way I see it, the fact she has determined a specific announcement time/date/location tells me she has pretty much already made up her mind and that her visit to L'Ville this weekend is more of a formality and serving to confirm her decision. With that being said, IF she was leaning towards Tenn, then L'Ville at least has the final chance to whoo her...but I really doubt anything that happens this weekend will be THE deciding factor to who she commits to. I believe she will end up at the school she feels will give her the best chance to succeed academically and athletically in the future. So basically, you can throw Tenn's 8 NC's to the side because that is all in the past and Pat is no longer there. At the present, Walz is a move proven head coach than Warlick -- there is no denying that since Warlick has only "interim" head coaching experience.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Russell is very good but she's no Candace Parker. She's no Breanna Stewart either. Griner can dribble the ball up the court too. Doesn't mean you ever really want her doing it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Im selling Life Insuance Policys to people who want to Insure Tenn fans. My thoughts are if Mercedes dosnt go to Tenn you can all be rich. Please purchase a minimum policy of 1 million dollars. LOL :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One could speculate that since Russell was just in Knoxville last week that the visit swayed her to commit to Tennessee and that the visit to Louisville is just giving Walz respect by giving him a chance to change her mind. I'm sure that the visit has been scheduled for some time and she is meeting a commitment to make the visit.

It all depends on how you want to look at it.

Despite the fact that Pat is no longer the head coach, she is still around and I could see UT winning a championship before Louisville. Warlick does have a lot more experience in participating in Final Fours and championship runs, even if as an assistant.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Candace Parker comparison is a joke. Lockwood didn't have a lot to do with Candace Parker being so good either. She was already developed yo her fullest in HS. Russell needs some work

She is FAR from being Candace Parker and from the limited performances I've seen she does not have the potential to ever be as good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Russell is more like a Kelsey Bone or Jantel Lavender player, in terms of impact. Very good, not likely great.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I think Russell is more like a Kelsey Bone or Jantel Lavender player, in terms of impact. Very good, not likely great.
If that's true (and I don't know whether it is or not) then either DD and Karla Davis were very over rated, or this 2013 class is relatively weak.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If that's true (and I don't know whether it is or not) then either DD and Karla Davis were very over rated, or this 2013 class is relatively weak.
Russell has played well, but not often great against top competition. She is a bit passive. From what I read, I think Davis and DeShields are actually better. The UT fans would say that 2013 is a strong class. I 'm not so sure.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Russell has played well, but not often great against top competition. She is a bit passive. From what I read, I think Davis and DeShields are actually better. The UT fans would say that 2013 is a strong class. I 'm not so sure.

What keeps me from criticizing Russell's play is the fact that I have only seen her play in all star games and in Team USA games, in which she has been unimpressive. However, her unimpressive play could be due to the fact that her perimeter players have not gotten her the ball in scoring position on offense.. Of course that does not explain her defensive play, which has not been that impressive either.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
One could speculate that since Russell was just in Knoxville last week that the visit swayed her to commit to Tennessee and that the visit to Louisville is just giving Walz respect by giving him a chance to change her mind. I'm sure that the visit has been scheduled for some time and she is meeting a commitment to make the visit.

It all depends on how you want to look at it.

Despite the fact that Pat is no longer the head coach, she is still around and I could see UT winning a championship before Louisville. Warlick does have a lot more experience in participating in Final Fours and championship runs, even if as an assistant.

And thank god you are hear to show us another way.

It's all about the players. if Warlick brings em in, they will succeed.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ive never seen Mercedes play however Tina Charles was no Parker and I''ll take Tina over Parker any day. Bottom line is if Mercedes is coached and taught similiar to what Tina went through and if she has the desire and work ethic that Tina has shes got a chance to be a great player.

If shes goes to LVille then the BE will be very strong and the LVille UConn games will be great. If she dosnt, well I dont think that will happen, so let me scratch that.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Can you imagine if Tennessee lost out on MR and KD???

OUCH!!!!

I am oddly cheering for Machelle Joseph and Jeff Walz!!!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It would be a tremendous recruiting loss if the Lady Vols don't get Mercedes and Kaela. IMHO it would also have a domino impact as others who were on the recruiting visit with them might also sign with other schools.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It would be a tremendous recruiting loss if the Lady Vols don't get Mercedes and Kaela. IMHO it would also have a domino impact as others who were on the recruiting visit with them might also sign with other schools.
So this is sort of the reverse of the "package deal" you were promoting the other day. The one you thought was scaring Tucker away, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom