Rumor that needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
North Carolina State to the SEC.

It makes too much sense.

It's outside of the SEC footprint and therefore fits into their 'gentlemen's agreement' not to expand inside the current footprint. It brings the SEC into a new demo and lets NC State squash its inner Texas A&M-like inadequacies while making a boatload of cash.

Somebody get this into print.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Give me 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
NCSU isn't really that good in football, this would be the SEC conceding they cannot get UNC. Don't see it happening. I see them making a much harder push at VT if they're going this route.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I have heard that somewhere before the Pitt/Cuse defection. Can't remember if it was associated with a legit news operation, or a less official blog. Or maybe just on the 'Yard. It's all a blur.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One of the pundits speculating during the summer of 2010 had NC St and Va Tech as the SEC targets from the ACC.

They make sense on many levels (and each may be culturally a bit more of a fit in the SEC than the ACC) and I imagine that each would leap at the opportunity (although I don't know what clearance either would require from their respective state governments). I imagine however that if there was real interest from the SEC it would be flying all over the internet by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom