Rumor: Gates to open 2 hours earlier for Syracuse? | The Boneyard

Rumor: Gates to open 2 hours earlier for Syracuse?

Reaction Score
I have heard a rumor that the Parking lots will open 7 hours prior to the game (12:00) for season ticket holders, and 6 hours before the game (1:00) for non season ticket holders. Can anyone confirm this?

Reaction Score
No change as of yet... Football vs Syracuse - Saturday, September 10 - Gameday

008.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have heard a rumor that the Parking lots will open 7 hours prior to the game (12:00) for season ticket holders, and 6 hours before the game (1:00) for non season ticket holders. Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm a rumor.

Reaction Score
Saw this on line after googling Syracuse at UConn Parking. If true, just like the Husky Walk they changed the Parking hours without warning us.

UCONN FOOTBALL VS SYRACUSE
Sep 10, 2022
The UConn Football team takes on the Syracuse Football team at Rentschler Field on September 10, 2022. Kickoff is at 7 PM.
Parking Information:
Parking lots for UConn Football vs Syracuse will open 7 hours prior (12 PM) to the start time of the event for season ticket holders and 6 hours prior (1 PM) to the event for the general public. Tailgating will be permitted in the parking lots.

Reaction Score
I called the Rent. The guy confirmed the noon time for season tix holders. He said UConn wanted to juice the tailgating hours and will be coming out with an announcement...... soon. He said there's NO question that the lots open at noon this Saturday!! "They sprung it on us" was how he put it--lol.
Amateur Hour continues!

Reaction Score
I called the Rent. The guy confirmed the noon time for season tix holders. He said UConn wanted to juice the tailgating hours and will be coming out with an announcement...... soon. He said there's NO question that the lots open at noon this Saturday!! "They sprung it on us" was how he put it--lol.
Amateur Hour continues!
It isn’t amateur hour, they are raising their game. Someone must have realized more tailgating means more rowdiness.

Reaction Score
He was teasing out opening the lots on Friday... guessing that got torpedoed on a number of fronts. This is probably the compromise.

They should absolutely do an RV lot. That’s a terrific fan culture builder. A weekend at the Rent grilling, playing yard games and talking sports is just what we need. Many of the big boy programs do it. RV owners will generally be well behaved and have whatever they need for a night or two on board. No need for power or sewer if the batteries are charged and the waste tank is empty.

Reaction Score
They should absolutely do an RV lot. That’s a terrific fan culture builder. A weekend at the Rent grilling, playing yard games and talking sports is just what we need. Many of the big boy programs do it. RV owners will generally be well behaved and have whatever they need for a night or two on board. No need for power or sewer if the batteries are charged and the waste tank is empty.
East Hartford and State Police would never go for it. It comes down to they don't want the hassle and the cost associated with it. Also, someone is going to complain about people being outside having fun at night.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
East Hartford and State Police would never go for it. It comes down to they don't want the hassle and the cost associated with it. Also, someone is going to complain about people being outside having fun at night.
East Hartford police would love it - overtime. The town may not.

Reaction Score
East Hartford and State Police would never go for it.

Reaction Score
Baby steps. Some people will learn to pace themselves the first year or two but they should be acclimated by Fall 2024 when we make a run for the playoff.

Reaction Score
I love the new hours. The amateur hour was concerning the lack of any announcement. That’s been done. Bring on the RV’s

Reaction Score
I like this on all levels. I doubt there will be many in the RV lot on Friday but hope I am wrong. I wish they announced it sooner so folks could plan in advance. This is what we should be doing. I was already figuring out a configuration for a TV in the lot to watch other games so the extra couple hours allows me to start earlier for a full day of football. Awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom