Roy Hibbert then and now | The Boneyard

Roy Hibbert then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who in the world would have ever predicted that guy at Georgetown who couldn't run up the court for part of his career would turn into the player he is today? shocking how much he has developed in his career.

Reaction Score
You have to give John Thompson some credit, he's put some nice players in the league from Jeff Green to Roy Hibbert to Greg Monroe, and it looks like he has another one coming in Otto Porter.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You have to give John Thompson some credit, he's put some nice players in the league from Jeff Green to Roy Hibbert to Greg Monroe, and it looks like he has another one coming in Otto Porter.

You can't be named John Thompson and not have coaching in your blood

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He is still not very athletic and looks awkward out there but he has worked very hard on his body/ level of fitness and his level of skill with the ball (getting off effective hook shots in traffic) and his footwork is phenomenal...hopefully, our bigs will watch some tape on his game.

Reaction Score
The fact anyone- posts anything- that is complimentary of Gtown makes me ill.

PE-TOOWEY!!!! I spit on them.

Reaction Score
Can't believe that bastard hit that 3 against us.
Thats the one thing that comes to mind whenever I hear his name. I think thats one of the toughest regular season losses we have had. If not, its got to be one of the most bizarre.

Reaction Score
The fact anyone- posts anything- that is complimentary of Gtown makes me ill.

PE-TOOWEY!!!! I spit on them.

C'mon scote it's been better since dad stopped strolling the sidelines with that towel over his shoulder, having the likes of Craig Shelton, Gene Smith, Ralph Dalton, Michael Graham and so many others playing with a real chip on their shoulders.......JT3 has been a good guy and his teams are close to the original Hoya's..........and his players are a helluva lot more prepared than the Orange players heading to the NBA for sure!!

Reaction Score
Who in the world would have ever predicted that guy at Georgetown who couldn't run up the court for part of his career would turn into the player he is today? shocking how much he has developed in his career.

Started another thread accidentally. Hibbert gives me so much hope for Thabeet. I recall the Yard comparing him to Hilton back in the day (stiff/robotic). All I can say is that Chris Bosh looks kinda scared on the court with him, settling for jump shots.

He seems like a great kid as well, in fact now that Reggie and Meta Peace are gone the Pacers are easy to root for.

Reaction Score
He always had talent, he just needed to get into better shape. I'm really not surprised, actually. He was a good player at Gtown- his numbers are even better when you consider that he was only playing around 26 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
Started another thread accidentally. Hibbert gives me so much hope for Thabeet. I recall the Yard comparing him to Hilton back in the day (stiff/robotic). All I can say is that Chris Bosh looks kinda scared on the court with him, settling for jump shots.

He seems like a great kid as well, in fact now that Reggie and Meta Peace are gone the Pacers are easy to root for.

Hibbert's been productive since his rookie season. He improved a great deal over his college career, much like Thabeet, but Hibbert's looked like a solid NBA center from the moment he entered the league. While I hope Thabeet has more of an impact as his career goes on, Hibbert's always been way ahead of him as an NBA player.

Reaction Score
Otto is not going to be Jeff green IMO. Daniels looked much better by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Eh. Otto porter is going to be really good, he has the kind of body that will be able to guard star 3s in the east. This isn't to discredit DD, who operated nicely against him. Porter was just much more consistent all year, Daniels could be a great pro too.

Reaction Score

Hibbert has been a solid contributor since the first day he stepped in the league, I can't see Hasheem ever reaching this level. Hibbert is so much more skilled and aware of what he can do on the court than Hasheem.

Reaction Score
They never should have gotten to the point where he had the opportunity to make that 3. Weren't we up by 20+ in the first half?

You're thinking of the game @ Georgetown two years later, where UConn led 40-21 w/ a minute left in the first half and ended up losing, ironically, 72-69. I guess the lesson here is I won't miss the Verizon Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom