Rooting for Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Rooting for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
I'm a fan 4 life of this kid. Whether we win or lose this Providence game he showed me a lot today. Gritty young man. He's been in the lab working on his jump shot. No matter how awkward it looks it works for him. And I'm not even mentioning how athletic he is. He's a special kinda player.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan 4 life of this kid. Whether we win or lose this Providence game he showed me a lot today. Gritty young man. He's been in the lab working on his jump shot. No matter how awkward it looks it works for him. And I'm not even mentioning how athletic he is. He's a special kinda player.
Mothers Day Mom GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Reaction Score
He’ll be dominant in Zimbabwe in 2 years where shooting, passing, and dribbling aren’t necessary.

Reaction Score
Are You Sure GIF by Monty Python

Reaction Score
Jackson hit a few threes but had some just horrible runners today that I don’t ever want to see again. He had 14 boards but like 5 were missed tip ins. Played okay. Not reason we lost.

Reaction Score
Crazy how hard people are on Jackson. He’s one of the few guys on the team that brings something to the table every game. 14 rebounds, our best shooter today, and creates for others in transition. How about keep the complaining to guys that are actually supposed to be shooters.

Reaction Score
His defensive rebounding is terrific, but his offensive rebounding is atrocious, just awful instincts.

He never goes to grab the ball, always taps it. It never goes in and almost always goes to the opponent. Just about every play he's involved in on the offensive glass is a momentum deflater.

Reaction Score
His defensive rebounding is terrific, but his offensive rebounding is atrocious, just awful instincts.

He never goes to grab the ball, always taps it. It never goes in and almost always goes to the opponent. Just about every play he's involved in on the offensive glass is a momentum deflater.
Could som done explain to me why you take Jackson out in the last minute down by two. He was our only consistent rebounder all night. Also Was AKOK hurt in the first half? He was anchored to the bunch in the second half.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great Athlete - no doubt about
Not basketball player - yet
Hopefully he becomes one - very soon
But today he was better than usual

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is very unorthodox. That's what I come up with when I watch him play. He's kinda herky jerky with his movements. Because he's kinda unique, you're like "No! Don't shoot!", but then when he scores, you're at ease....BUT he's so much more than his offense. He's got confidence to who he is and what he does. Sure he's going to make a mistake here and there.... but they all do.... we all do...
I like him... a lot....

He's still learning, growing in thus game called basketball... and the scary part for everybody else is he has yet to reach his ceiling. He's getting better everyone out this year folks.

It's nice have his Swiss Army knife ability to go along with The Wrench as well as the toughness Tyrese Martin brings to table, not to mention Cole, Sanogo, and the rest of the squad.

This Providence loss is a lesson learned... Can't wait til we play them come tourney time...

CV1

Reaction Score
Actually he can do all three of those things. He was our best player today.
I agree. I walked away from today’s game being psyched about his performance. Pulling down 14 boards against that team is impressive. Add in those 3’s and he hit and the guy is on his way to becoming a force on both ends.

Reaction Score
He looks to be gathering a better understanding of the game of basketball as the season goes on. I actually think he now needs to be more aggressive & realize the only other guard who can handle is Cole. Gaffney today was just so bad- was very hard to watch.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How do you upload videos? I have one of that great pass Jackson had to Cole

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member