Roll Call... All Veterans... | The Boneyard

Roll Call... All Veterans...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Roll Call... All Veterans... It's Reville...

Rise and shine...

May America remain the land of the free because of the service of the brave.

God bless all our troops and God bless America.

3d RRU, US Army, Saigon. Vietnam, 1962

And my long time friend Kibitzer, may you rest in peace...

Reaction Score
U.S. Army - mid 1970's. Proudly.

Basic training - Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, or as we called it, Fort Lost in the Woods in the State of Misery. Fort Dix and then across the pond with nuclear capable 1st Battalion/36th Field Artillery in Augsburg, Germany.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1972-1972 FT Bragg NC Main Post Finance and Accounting Office. In October 1974 I was on an air strip at Pope Air Force Base awaiting to go to Afghanistan. The told me I would be extended another year and would be paying the troops. I would be in Italy or Greece and they would fly in people to pick up their pay. That never happened. I was also in charge of handling the finance records for the POWs that came back from Vietnam. That was a very sad time as many were assumed dead and their wives remarried while others came back with many illnesses. This is why we stand. God Bless the Troops and God Bless America

Reaction Score
USAF 1968-72 - Torrejon, Spain. Very fond memories and very glad to serve.
USAF 1968 to 1972. Ton Son Nhut AFB, Vietnam and Rhein-Main AFB, Germany. I was in aircraft maintenance -instruments and avionics. In Germany all the airplanes were old (even then) C-118 and C-131 medivac birds. They flew to all the European bases, including Torrejon, to pick up and deliver patients to Weisbaden. At one point one of the airplanes had a problem that only showed up in flight so I flew with it to trouble shoot in the air. Found the problem and at Torrejon spend hours scrounging around for the part. A guy that was in the instrument shop with me in Vietnam was at Torrejon and showed me the sights. This little trip had a rough start; there was an electronics bay in the little galley area behind the cockpit I had to access that had a door that swung up. After takeoff from Rhein-Main I popped the access panel up and did my thing. What I didn't notice was that when the panel was up it hit the button that dispensed coffee from the urn that sat above the panel and drained most of the coffee out. This was like 5am and the crew was not amused.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
United States Army 1986-1991 Air Defense Artillery

vibrant-colored-american-flag-waving-in-the-wind-lit-by-natural-picture-id1205568263

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
USMA Band at West Point 1962-65

Along with the cream of American wind and brass players
many who went on to important careers in the orchestras of LA,
Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis, MET, New Zealand...

An amazing time wih amazing colleagues
How I ever was a part of that, I'll never know.

Reaction Score
If you put on the uniform anywhere at anytime and served honorably, you are all my Brothers and Sisters.
I danced the 1968 Subic Bay, Nha Trang, Cam Ranh supply circle while my brother crewed on a D model at Khe Sanh. Those were NOT the good old days. All gave some. Some gave all. Far too many of our Brothers and Sisters never came home. Far too many who did come home never really made it all the way back.
Styxx :- )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom