Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Biggest get since Chris Smith

Hyperbole much?

Factually wrong.

Even if you are insinuating the Purvis is to Ollie what Smith was to Calhoun, you are wrong.

Purvis is much higher rated than Smith was, we have more known talent on the roster than Uconn did when Smith committed, Uconn has a quarter century of excellence to shower recruits with, so on and so forth.

Reaction Score
hope the kid helps with recruiting others... meaning it changes the perception

Reaction Score
Biggest get since Chris Smith
I know that seems crazy to say but I agree. We may very well look back in a few years and think this. Ollie basically gets a top 15 recruit to come in. I believe more will follow.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great get! No way to project the future. Won't stop me. I'm going to project KO leads Purvis to the NBA!! And future recruits will know that where Gottfried failed KO excels. And everyone will have ten toes in but freescooter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fantastic pick up. He should flourish as the scoring lead guard in the 3 guard line-up. As mentioned above his shooting percentages (44% FG and 38% 3pt) are fine for a freshman (compare to 40% FG and 32% 3pt for OC). Look for those numbers to improve with another year of training and practicing under KO. He has worked very hard heading into college to become a pg, he just needs more time actually running the point, which he should get over the next year in practice against SN, TS and RB.

Somewhat OT, but here is a video of him working with the elite pg skills trainer Micah Lancaster (more cones, but he isn't guarding a chair either:) ...and some HS highlights). Micah has worked with many top young pgs from Kyrie Irving to Mario Chalmers.

Rodney has ten toes in, how about you freescooter?

I can see similarities between him and BG.

Reaction Score
Hyperbole much?

Factually wrong.

Even if you are insinuating the Purvis is to Ollie what Smith was to Calhoun, you are wrong.

Purvis is much higher rated than Smith was, we have more known talent on the roster than Uconn did when Smith committed, Uconn has a quarter century of excellence to shower recruits with, so on and so forth.

My point is he is the first get since being tied to the hip with the AAC. I did not say Smith was highly rated, just that he was the first Connecticut recruit (see John Pinone) to see UConn's potential. Again, my point is that the 25 years of excellence are facing the challenge of no longer playing in the best college conference in America with a hall of fame coach.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My point is he is the first get since being tied to the hip with the AAC. I did not say Smith was highly rated, just that he was the first Connecticut recruit (see John Pinone) to see UConn's potential. Again, my point is that the 25 years of excellence are facing the challenge of no longer playing in the best college conference in America with a hall of fame coach.

I think your intent was pretty easy to understand.

Unfortunately, chin doesn't do nuance. He is a hammerhead.

Reaction Score
Okay.....there's some positive mojo with this signing. Here it goes....

Did you know that everytime we won a championship, our starting point guard was a McDonald's All-American?

Rodney Purvis - you resisted the mojo gods once as they were beckoning you to sign but the power of the mojo was too strong. You finally surrendered to the mojo gods, let your talents flow and lead UCONN to it's fourth National Championship.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain why RP was not going to get the chance to start at PG for NC State? I have seen that comment several times and I would think he would be their best option there? The only thing that I can surmise is that Gottfried valued him more as a scorer than ballhandler / distributor? He won't have that issue at Uconn because we do a good job of letting our guards dictate plays based on sets / opponent, etc. He will be playing with a strong supporting cast that will be able to score the basketball in their own right. I am very pumped this kid looked past all this and is coming to a program that will be the best fit for him to show his skills. Welcome RP!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think your intent was pretty easy to understand.

Unfortunately, chin doesn't do nuance. He is a hammerhead.

duck nuanced. It's a freaking Friday afternoon, we're trying to help Bryan Lord decide on what to buy for his first pad over on the Cesspool board (where he conveniently leaves out details like his girlfriend is moving in with him), I'm busy checking the sprinkler system and well pump for my lawn, trading witty comments with friends regarding next week's road trip all while enjoying a few Abita Strawberry Ales.

And you want me to pick up on nuances!?

Too much. Too much.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain why RP was not going to get the chance to start at PG for NC State? I have seen that comment several times and I would think he would be their best option there? The only thing that I can surmise is that Gottfried valued him more as a scorer than ballhandler / distributor? He won't have that issue at Uconn because we do a good job of letting our guards dictate plays based on sets / opponent, etc. He will be playing with a strong supporting cast that will be able to score the basketball in their own right. I am very pumped this kid looked past all this and is coming to a program that will be the best fit for him to show his skills. Welcome RP!!!
He would have more competition. Tyler Lewis and Anthony "Cat" Barber.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
duck nuanced. It's a freaking Friday afternoon, we're trying to help Bryan Lord decide on what to buy for his first pad over on the Cesspool board (where he conveniently leaves out details like his girlfriend is moving in with him), I'm busy checking the sprinkler system and well pump for my lawn, trading witty comments with friends regarding next week's road trip all while enjoying a few Abita Strawberry Ales.

I stand corrected.

He is a drunken hammerhead.

Reaction Score
Fantastic pick up. He should flourish as the scoring lead guard in the 3 guard line-up. As mentioned above his shooting percentages (44% FG and 38% 3pt) are fine for a freshman (compare to 40% FG and 32% 3pt for OC). Look for those numbers to improve with another year of training and practicing under KO. He has worked very hard heading into college to become a pg, he just needs more time actually running the point, which he should get over the next year in practice against SN, TS and RB.

Somewhat OT, but here is a video of him working with the elite pg skills trainer Micah Lancaster (more cones, but he isn't guarding a chair either:) ...and some HS highlights). Micah has worked with many top young pgs from Kyrie Irving to Mario Chalmers.

Rodney has ten toes in, how about you freescooter?

There is not a SINGLE folding chair in that video. I remain skeptical until I see video with him shooting over/doing a spin move on AT LEAST 1 folding chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom