Robert Lewandowski! | The Boneyard

Robert Lewandowski!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scored 5 goals in a span of 9 minutes today in a 5-1 routing of Wolfsburg. All from the run of play too, no PK's.
He scored in the 51, 52, 55, 57, and 60th minutes. Wolfsburg had only given up 2 goals in their previous 5 league matches too, so they generally play a tight defense.

Reaction Score
I saw something similar on my son's U10 team; but, I have never seen that in a professional level match between a pair of tier 1 teams.

In case anyone is interested, I have two very good 4th graders on my team that play rec and club travel soccer. One of them got 3 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game as we jumped out to a 5 to 0 lead. My son got one of the other goals and he plays defense - intercepted a pass, distributed it to the wing and ran with the play as he should, that player then crossed it in front of the net and my son deflected into the net. He missed a very similar opportunity in last week's game and we worked on similar situations in practice. Very happy. Sorry, just being a proud Dad :D Anyway, at that point we backed-off a bit. The opposing team then scored two goals just before half; but, on their second goal our keeper whiffed (it happens at any age) and the goal scorer ran up to our keeper and started laughing at him for missing it. My coaching staff was not happy. So to start the second half, we took the breaks off. Within 15 minutes, one 4th grader had 4 goals, the other had 3 and we were up 9 to 2. Had to put the brakes on it then because the coach/team is fined $100 if a team goes up by more than 7 goals. We had our kids shooting over the net on purpose and 'passing' the ball to their keeper on breakaways for the last 15 minutes. Both of our star 4th graders could have had at least 6 goals each if we wanted them to. Message sent.

Reaction Score
Scored 5 goals in a span of 9 minutes today in a 5-1 routing of Wolfsburg. All from the run of play too, no PK's.
He scored in the 51, 52, 55, 57, and 60th minutes. Wolfsburg had only given up 2 goals in their previous 5 league matches too, so they generally play a tight defense.
Bardzo ridiculouski! (Extremely ridiculous!)

Reaction Score
I wonder how much "game time" was actually played between the first and last goal. 9 minutes of a running clock, but if you figure, conservatively, 45 seconds of time between goal scored to ball being kicked off at the center circle,that is 6 minutes and 45 seconds of actual playing time, or a goal every 80 seconds +/-

Reaction Score
Freakin' Bayern... If Dortmund can't keep up they'll win the Bundesliga by 20 points again this year. They just smoked the 3rd best team in the league.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw something similar on my son's U10 team; but, I have never seen that in a professional level match between a pair of tier 1 teams.

In case anyone is interested, I have two very good 4th graders on my team that play rec and club travel soccer. One of them got 3 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game as we jumped out to a 5 to 0 lead. My son got one of the other goals and he plays defense - intercepted a pass, distributed it to the wing and ran with the play as he should, that player then crossed it in front of the net and my son deflected into the net. He missed a very similar opportunity in last week's game and we worked on similar situations in practice. Very happy. Sorry, just being a proud Dad :D Anyway, at that point we backed-off a bit. The opposing team then scored two goals just before half; but, on their second goal our keeper whiffed (it happens at any age) and the goal scorer ran up to our keeper and started laughing at him for missing it. My coaching staff was not happy. So to start the second half, we took the breaks off. Within 15 minutes, one 4th grader had 4 goals, the other had 3 and we were up 9 to 2. Had to put the brakes on it then because the coach/team is fined $100 if a team goes up by more than 7 goals. We had our kids shooting over the net on purpose and 'passing' the ball to their keeper on breakaways for the last 15 minutes. Both of our star 4th graders could have had at least 6 goals each if we wanted them to. Message sent.
If you are playing MCYSA, I think there is a six goal differential limit. FWIW.

I have a lot of great memories of coaching, especially travel soccer.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Saw the replay on SportsCenter. Holy crap was that crazy. His second, maybe it was his third goal? was insane. Off the keep, volleyed past a defender and into the net. The craziest part is that on almost every goal he was completely unmarked. I dunno but maybe after his second goal in 2 minutes they would make sure he was marked by at least 2 defenders?!?

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Freakin' Bayern... If Dortmund can't keep up they'll win the Bundesliga by 20 points again this year. They just smoked the 3rd best team in the league.

The Bundesliga is the most unbalanced league in Europe. I believe Bayren has 25 total and the next highest is maybe Dortmund with 8 or 9. The EPL usually has 3 to 4 power teams and a dark horse lurking around the top in any given year. Liga always has at least Real and Barcelona at the top usually joined by 1 or two others. Serie A is still recovering from the big scandal a few years back; but Inter Milan & Juventus are usually at the top, too, with teams like Florentina, Lazio, Roma sharing the view from time to time. PSG money wise has pulled away from Ligue 1 a bit; but, usually Lyon, Marseilles, and Monaco give them some trouble.

Reaction Score
If you are playing MCYSA, I think there is a six goal differential limit. FWIW.

I have a lot of great memories of of course coaching, especially travel soccer.

Honest opinion, do you think we were right for taking the brakes off after the the episode of unsporting behavior? Could be worse, we could be coaching a Texas High School football team.

Reaction Score
Lewandowski has 12 goals in the last four games. Bayern won yesterday against Dortmund 5-1, the one team in the Bundesliga that it had been thought might keep pace. In this game Lewandowski got two goals, one 22 seconds into the second half - Müller added two and Götze one more. According to Franz Beckenbauer the Bayern team is better integrated without the injured Robben and Ribery. Der Kaiser said the the latter two prefer to dribble and look for their own shots. Now Costa and Coman are feeding Lewandowski.

Reaction Score
Serves Dortmund right for dealing Lewandoski and the Gotze,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member