Robbie Frey to Falcons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Robbie Frey to Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was my understanding as well, I never remember hearing that he was forced out. To me that makes no sense! Why would u show a kid the door when he was one of the few players we had that consistently created a spark when he touched the ball.

Not being accepted to the graduate program of his choice is not the same as being forced out. Im sure PP would have loved for Robbie to return but whether or not he was accepted to into the teaching graduate program was not within his control.

Either way Robbie's decision to leave was incredibly mature. Choosing to transfer to a lower level football program in order to attend the right school for furthering his education is really a class act and it is hard to find fault with someone putting academics first. On that note it would be hard for anyone to call AO's departure mature or classy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not being accepted to the graduate program of his choice is not the same as being forced out.

For a player that is taking his education seriously, it is.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There is no graduate teaching program at UConn per se. You apply to the School of Ed after your third semester. If you are accepted, you do your junior, senior and fifth year in the School of Ed and graduate with your master's after your fifth year. The School of Ed does not award master's degrees to four-year undergrads of another major who then apply to do their master's at the UConn School of Ed. Doesn't work that way.

Edit: I stand corrected. As I understand it, the above is only if one wishes to become an elementary, middle or high school teacher. Apparently grad programs are offered for other reasons. So if Robbie was trying to become a teacher it appears he missed the boat. If he was trying to do something else, he could have applied and been rejected.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You have to remember some things about teaching as well as any job where you need state license-sure etc. There is no reciprocation between states. So if you do everything here and want to go to PA or somewhere you kind of are at their mercy to comply - they may not accept etc. The same for nursing, pharmacy probably even doctors. My son told me about a pharmacist that left to live in NC - it took some doing to get the license.
It's also much easier to get a teaching certificate in PA than CT.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's simple really. Fans tend to like those who exceed expectations more than those who don't. It didn't hurt that Robbie had a rep as a hard worker and was the ultimate team player. Great family too....then there is his Uncle....(grin)

I miss his uncle. He was a good guy and plenty of fun.

I wish Robbie the best in Atlanta

Reaction Score
It's also much easier to get a teaching certificate in PA than CT.
Yes but you don't get your license in one state and then try to teach in another. It's a pain. Obviously not worth his senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom