Robbie Frey to Falcons | The Boneyard

Robbie Frey to Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope Frey sticks. It sucks that the kickoff was moved to the 35 because I think he could stick on a team as a special teams player alone and that makes it more difficult. It's too bad he wasn't on the team last year. He would have been a huge help and could have been the difference in getting to a bowl game.

Reaction Score
Totally different situation I know, but Frey leaves and we all root for him....Oriakhi leaves and we all root against him.....what gives? Either way, I wish them both luck.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Could see Robbie be another Chris Heathrington solid special teams guy playing for alot of different teams best of luck to him

Reaction Score
Totally different situation I know, but Frey leaves and we all root for him....Oriakhi leaves and we all root against him.....what gives? Either way, I wish them both luck.

You answered it yourself. Totally different situation. They both came to the same conclusion, but they decided to take very different routes to get there.

Reaction Score
You answered it yourself. Totally different situation. They both came to the same conclusion, but they decided to take very different routes to get there.
Not just the difference between Robbie and Alex, but big difference between the parents as well. At this point Alex's dad is a big factor behind likability or lack there of...

Reaction Score
It's simple really. Fans tend to like those who exceed expectations more than those who don't. It didn't hurt that Robbie had a rep as a hard worker and was the ultimate team player. Great family too....then there is his Uncle....(grin)

Reaction Score
Robbie got his bachelor's degree from UConn & it was easier & faster to get his teaching certificate for Pennsylvania by going the transfer route. Alex acted like a rat jumping the sinking ship once the penalties were announced & DIDN'T complete his bachelor's degree studies. BIG difference. Robbie has that UConn shingle to hang on the wall in his den for all eternity.

Reaction Score
Well ultimately it was UConn who didn't want Frey back (academically) if I remember the story correctly. But yes, Frey finished his degree here. He was a hard worker and definitely exceeded expectations as a player. Comparing him to AO is like comparing apples with AK47s.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Frey wanted to be at UConn, but things didn't work out. He busted his @ss, met his potential and got his degree. AO had a rough season so he decided to pack his bags up and go elsewhere. Pretty simple, really.

Congrats to Robbie, I'll always consider him a Husky.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Stupidest post ever. Get some facts and get back to us.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't allow Frey to take the graduate course he needed. In essence, he didn't leave as much as we forced him out.

Oriaki bailed like a rat off a sinking ship and he was the Captain. He walked away from his teammates for selfish reasons.

Any questions?

Reaction Score
UConn didn't allow Frey to take the graduate course he needed. In essence, he didn't leave as much as we forced him out.

Oriaki bailed like a rat off a sinking ship and he was the Captain. He walked away from his teammates for selfish reasons.

Any questions?

Ok, interesting to hear. I wasn't completely familiar with the Frey situation and that he was 'forced out' more or less. I also learned that Waquoit tries to channel his inner Jim Calhoun but can't quite quote him properly. To him I have to say "Get some facts and come back and see me."

Reaction Score
My understanding was he finally did get accepted but chose to go where he went because he could get his teaching certificate quicker.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Robbie. Although his decision was unpopular here at the Boneyard, he was very stand up and his parents wrote a great letter explaining the situation and his motivation to leave. Could not ask for a better kid and representative of UCONN.

I think that we all forget the number of kids who left the program last year, which, in addition to learning a new system, caused a deal of havoc. Somewhere on board we counted 9 - Generett, Difton, Frey, Box, to name a few. I think that with good competition at QB and not many desertions, this year's version of the Huskies is going to hang together much better than last year's version.

Reaction Score
By all accounts this is a great kid and great competitor. With his speed and heart it would not shock me if he stuck in the League for a while.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I disagree with the post as well. But, why are you always so insulting and confrontational?

Not always. But isn't that part of the game, to go after the posts that really stink?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ok, interesting to hear. I wasn't completely familiar with the Frey situation and that he was 'forced out' more or less. I also learned that Waquoit tries to channel his inner Jim Calhoun but can't quite quote him properly. To him I have to say "Get some facts and come back and see me."

I was putting my own spin on it.

Reaction Score
Not always. But isn't that part of the game, to go after the posts that really stink?

No, not really! And if u understood the post as it was intended u would of known he was looking for inside information as to the situation of each player. Info u clearly don't have so that would classify ur post as a waste of time. So in this case ur point would apply to ur own posts, no value and unnecessary.

Reaction Score
My understanding was he finally did get accepted but chose to go where he went because he could get his teaching certificate quicker.

That was my understanding as well, I never remember hearing that he was forced out. To me that makes no sense! Why would u show a kid the door when he was one of the few players we had that consistently created a spark when he touched the ball. To ur earlier point, he last year I sat next to his aunt and uncle all season. I had no idea they were related to him until they leaned over and said that's my nephew. I'm glad I was o huge Frey fan or that could of been a little awkward......

Reaction Score
He wasn't forced out. And many on here were supportive of his decision. Refreshing to see an athlete make a good decision on his professional future. I wish him well and will be rooting for him. We know he is a demon on specials and will do whatever is asked of him.

Reaction Score
You have to remember some things about teaching as well as any job where you need state license-sure etc. There is no reciprocation between states. So if you do everything here and want to go to PA or somewhere you kind of are at their mercy to comply - they may not accept etc. The same for nursing, pharmacy probably even doctors. My son told me about a pharmacist that left to live in NC - it took some doing to get the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom