RJ Cole had a nice game overall today | The Boneyard

RJ Cole had a nice game overall today

Reaction Score
RJ Cole had a nice game overall today.
He's clearly our best PG though not a prototype. He managed the ball pretty well and hit some nice shots. He's either shaking off the rust or responding to the coaching. His defense is stellar. Happy to see his progress. Imagine if we didn't have him.

Reaction Score
RJ Cole had a nice game overall today.
He's clearly our best PG though not a prototype. He managed the ball pretty well and hit some nice shots. He's either shaking off the rust or responding to the coaching. His defense is stellar. Happy to see his progress. Imagine if we didn't have him.
I’d love to see a FT inside of 2 minutes some day.

Reaction Score
No one on the Huskies did anything to write home about. There were no "A" performances today. RJ's defense was nowhere near his best. Sanogo had a decent game but he also had three TOs in the first three minutes and fouled out. Maybe someone had a "B" performance under the radar but I didn't see it. RJ played the best on our side but that isn't saying very much.

The defense was horrible. Terrible. Bad.

And the next time we have a guard get an lay up off a drive or backdoor.....

Reaction Score
Completely blew his defensive assignment and the box out on a critical possession late tho

As a defender, especially when you can't block a shot at 5'10, how can you be running by your guy rather than heading towards him under control to ge a hand in his face, then turn and box his butt out? Bad bad play by RJ there I totally agree. But he was good today of the most part.

Reaction Score
He seems like the ultimate good player on a bad team, serviceable player on a good team. Can't handle big moments, has some flashes.

See Charles Smith, Knicks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He seems like the ultimate good player on a bad team, serviceable player on a good team. Can't handle big moments, has some flashes.

I was going to write something similar but I think you nailed it. He's a good player on a bad teams.

Reaction Score
Cole has looked closer these two games to what he was supposed to be.

I’m hoping that he’s begun to finally acclimate to playing at this higher level of competition.

When Bouk comes back, looking for RJ to keep the opposing team honest on D when they focus on Bouk.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score

That's just wrong.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice that Creighton frequently doubled Cole Saturday when the opportunity presented?
Seems R.J. is playing well enough to draw the attention and he responded nicely to beating the trap.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the hate for RJ from some on the board. Zeglenski was the pre season BE player of the year and RJ has outplayed him twice. The guy played 38 minutes and plays his butt off. Ok, he's not Steve Nash but he is right now our best player and the coach obviously believes in him.

Reaction Score
I went through the posts on this thread & other threads at times & I am bewildered why there seems so much animosity towards R.J. Cole?

I don’t really understand it, I am guessing that fans either expected a whole lot more out of him or are still bummed out by the foul shots he missed at the end of the Creighton’s first game?

R.J. rarely seems to be a negative in any points of the game- he doesn’t hurt you & make bonehead plays, take bad shots, or is lackadaisical on the court- I would say typically those are the type of players who draw the most criticism in the yard.

I think the biggest knock on R.J. is that he doesn’t get penetration enough into the lane & finish & make plays for others. It’s actually the number one issue with our offense, without Bouknight, we really don’t have one player who get by their man consistently & become a playmaker for others- in turn you take a lot of contestant shots at the end of the shot clock- just not sure if you can fix that with the current roster structure- must cross fingers & pray for the Dark Knight to return.

Reaction Score
I went through the posts on this thread & other threads at times & I am bewildered why there seems so much animosity towards R.J. Cole?

I don’t really understand it, I am guessing that fans either expected a whole lot more out of him or are still bummed out by the foul shots he missed at the end of the Creighton’s first game?

R.J. rarely seems to be a negative in any points of the game- he doesn’t hurt you & make bonehead plays, take bad shots, or is lackadaisical on the court- I would say typically those are the type of players who draw the most criticism in the yard.

I think the biggest knock on R.J. is that he doesn’t get penetration enough into the lane & finish & make plays for others. It’s actually the number one issue with our offense, without Bouknight, we really don’t have one player who get by their man consistently & become a playmaker for others- in turn you take a lot of contestant shots at the end of the shot clock- just not sure if you can fix that with the current roster structure- must cross fingers & pray for the Dark Knight to return.
Its the Bazz residual. Many here were spoiled by Bazz and awaiting the next one. Personally I feel Gaffney will help with this, with more experience and of course, confidence. One thing about Gaffney is that he misses Bouknight, they were building chemistry as they have a connection. Whenever Gaff scores or makes a big play, I notice Bouk is his biggest cheerleader.

Speaking of Bazz, our problem would be solved if Gaff were Bazz and then RJ was Boat. But that's for dreams.

Reaction Score

I think a lot of people are still "bummed out" that he gave the home Creighton game away by missing those free throws. To lead by 4 with 20 seconds to go is inexcusable. It's a matter of trust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom