Rip's Jersey Being Retired 2/24 | The Boneyard

Rip's Jersey Being Retired 2/24

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hope they give the Jersey to Andrea Hurley to clean before retiring it.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
obviously incredibly well-deserved, but i thought the unofficial criteria for jersey retirement here was a hall of fame nomination?

if that is no longer the case, you have to wonder who is next. probably emeka?
Emeka is already in, is he not?

Poe

Reaction Score
obviously incredibly well-deserved, but i thought the unofficial criteria for jersey retirement here was a hall of fame nomination?

if that is no longer the case, you have to wonder who is next. probably emeka?
Rip is in the college basketball hall of fame, Ray is not (but he is in the NBA HOF, obviously)

Reaction Score
Not retired. The only retired number on the men’s side is Ray, 34. Different than Huskies of Honor.
and on the women's side, i believe it's only rebecca lobo and swin cash, who are their only currently hall-of-famers (although obviously there will be many more coming)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'll preface this with I'm all for any and all alumni engagement, but is it getting kind of silly to have a retired jersey section, championship year banners and then sort of a mismash of them both as Huskies of Honor?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The price of success

Point well taken - with that said if there's no longer the Hall of Fame requirement, you'll just have the same numbers hanging in two places. Oh well.

Poe

Reaction Score
Point well taken - with that said if there's no longer the Hall of Fame requirement, you'll just have the same numbers hanging in two places. Oh well.
It seems there is HOF requirement, as Ray, Rip, Lobo and Cash are all in the HOF (college or pro)

Reaction Score
I'll preface this with I'm all for any and all alumni engagement, but is it getting kind of silly to have a retired jersey section, championship year banners and then sort of a mismash of them both as Huskies of Honor?
It's also ridiculous how in a national championship year, they also are listed in the sweet sixteen section, and the elite 8 section and the final four section, etc. Each year should simply be commemorated for the furthest milestone that was reached.

Reaction Score
I love RIP. I hate retiring numbers.

Put a bust in the training facility. Or in the Alumni Center Sports Museum. Does anyone believe that Clingan is not deserving to wear #32?

Reaction Score
I think jersey retirement has a place as being more selective/exclusive than Huskies of Honor.

Reaction Score
I love RIP. I hate retiring numbers.

Put a bust in the training facility. Or in the Alumni Center Sports Museum. Does anyone believe that Clingan is not deserving to wear #32?
That’s a silly conclusion. This has nothing to do with Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom