RIP Yags | The Boneyard

RIP Yags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you followed Northeast/New England recruiting you knew Mike Yagmin. Instrumental in a lot of young players lives, including many UConn former and current players. Big UConn fan. Really sad how this went down.

ℯ ℯ on Twitter: "I’ve met tens of thousands people through basketball, but none were quite like Yags. He was loyal, funny, unfiltered, generous, complicated, determined, passionate, calming and curious. He cared deeply about UConn, his cat, baseball and people from all walks of life. Yags lived." / Twitter

Reaction Score
Sad. Didnt know him personally, but ran in the same circles. I know a lot of people liked him.

It’s was a tough last year for him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If you followed Northeast/New England recruiting you knew Mike Yagmin. Instrumental in a lot of young players lives, including many UConn former and current players. Big UConn fan. Really sad how this went down.

ℯ ℯ on Twitter: "I’ve met tens of thousands people through basketball, but none were quite like Yags. He was loyal, funny, unfiltered, generous, complicated, determined, passionate, calming and curious. He cared deeply about UConn, his cat, baseball and people from all walks of life. Yags lived." / Twitter

How did it go down?

Reaction Score
How did he get so involved in the New England basketball scene? Was he a former player/coach? What was his actual role - was he a scout? If so what does that actually entail?

Reaction Score
How did he get so involved in the New England basketball scene? Was he a former player/coach? What was his actual role - was he a scout? If so what does that actually entail?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Google... Did not know anything about him but it looks like he had a really big impact on a lot of young players. Sad story.

I tend not to be opaque when I post, particularly about things I wouldn't expect everyone to know. My style in such circumstances is to link to an article like husky8273 did.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I tend not to be opaque when I post, particularly about things I wouldn't expect everyone to know. My style in such circumstances is to link to an article like husky8273 did.

Yeah, but if you did that then you can't act cool, and "in the know"

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I actually meant to and actually did DM that to boog and inadvertently posted here part of what I DM'd him, but since you want to contribute to the derailment, I assumed it was some inside baseball thing or an illness that you cool insiders knew about and it didn't even enter my mind that he'd be the subject of this type of newspaper article.

RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I knew him fairly well. He was best friends with my godson and he spent many Christmas eves with our family. He was always on the move. Total energizer bunny.

Reaction Score
Doing some reading indicates he was into some not great stuff.

Sad. He’s a beloved guy in ball circles.

Fent is no joke man. You don't meet nearly as many people who have recovered from fent addiction compared to coke, meth, etc. because they just...die.

Reaction Score
Fent is no joke man. You don't meet nearly as many people who have recovered from fent addiction compared to coke, meth, etc. because they just...die.

What’s scary to me is people dying of Fentanyl OD who don’t plan on taking fentanyl. Thankfully I’m not a drug guy but those stories haunt me. There was a 5 year old in the news last month who OD’d on fent. Noey had a disturbing anecdote about how cheap and easy it is to make cheap fake pills

August_West

Reaction Score

He wasn't addicted to fent. NO ONE is addicted to fent. He was addicted to pills, that are now fent on black market. No one buys fentanyl, its always a bait and switch. He thought he was taking a percocet or an oxycontin, or these days even a Xanax. Thank America's drug policy for making fent lucrative as a dummy substitute.

August_West

Reaction Score
What’s scary to me is people dying of Fentanyl OD who don’t plan on taking fentanyl. Thankfully I’m not a drug guy but those stories haunt me. There was a 5 year old in the news last month who OD’d on fent. Noey had a disturbing anecdote about how cheap and easy it is to make cheap fake pills
Makes you miss real heroin doesn't it?

Reaction Score
He wasn't addicted to fent. NO ONE is addicted to fent. He was addicted to pills, that are now fent on black market. No one buys fentanyl, its always a bait and switch. He thought he was taking a percocet or an oxycontin, or these days even a Xanax. Thank America's drug policy for making fent lucrative as a dummy substitute.

Fortunately my drug days are behind me but this is far and away the scariest part - if you are not absolutely sure of the provenance of something you are ingesting these days you're taking your life in your hands.

Reaction Score
Fortunately my drug days are behind me but this is far and away the scariest part - if you are not absolutely sure of the provenance of something you are ingesting these days you're taking your life in your hands.

Test strips are illegal in some states, and the kits they sell at pharmacies in CT don't test for Fent--or at least they didn't last year when I checked. I think 211 provided them for free.

Everyone should carry Narcan of some kind in their car or purse. I saved a stranger's life 2 years ago because I had it. Takes absolutely 0 medical knowledge fo use and nothing goes wrong if you use it when they have some other issue and didn't need the dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom