RIP Shamoya McKenzie | The Boneyard

RIP Shamoya McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
This is an absolute shame...

I worked in Mount Vernon 2009-2013 in some of the worst sections... saw a man shot to death over a bad drug deal once right in front of me...

These folks live in a place that offers little hope...We really were looking to President Obama to unite congress and bring something to people living in these situations...

Strong funding and living wage job creation is desperately needed in many communities across the nation...this is one...I want these tragedies to stop...

No more eloquent speeches and rhetoric...

Make a solid rebuild plan, city, state and feds put in some funding and make it so...

This saddens me greatly...Sorry folks This one gets to me...

Reaction Score
unspeakable tragedy. I wish there was some obvious social cure, some obvious law that would end this instantly. But we've tried most things and nothing we haven't tried is likely to work. There is so much unavoidable misery and tragedy in this world, that it is heartbreaking that this happens. Sometimes there are small mercies, and I'm in awe of you, RogueDave for your work and caring.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I worked in Mount Vernon 2009-2013 in some of the worst sections... saw a man shot to death over a bad drug deal once right in front of me...

These folks live in a place that offers little hope...We really were looking to President Obama to unite congress and bring something to people living in these situations...

Strong funding and living wage job creation is desperately needed in many communities across the nation...this is one...I want these tragedies to stop...

Make a solid rebuild plan, city, state and feds put in some funding and make it so...

I cannot give a like to this. Such beauty and potential wasted. All that's left is grief, helplessness, confusion and disgust for the family and the rest of us who are now a part of the unrepresented majority. You are not alone in feeling this sadness, believe me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What a shame! RIP, Shamoya!

We have people being killed in D.C. by random gunfire. The quantity of random gunfire must be huge to strike so many people.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Will be sending prayers for her soul and for her family.

Reaction Score

They all get to me and no one seems to really care. The weekly Chicago shooting report is accepted as normal news.

Reaction Score
What a waste of a young life. More than basketball, she had a family, friends and a future to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom