RIP Queen Elizabeth | The Boneyard

RIP Queen Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

The world will miss you, Queen Elizabeth. It took an extraordinary person to command such respect and adoration for so long in the world she lived in.

I hope her family reached Balmoral in time... RIP, Elizabeth. You've earned it.

Reaction Score
The Queen became so frail after the death of Prince Philip. I know many will scoff but I believe part of the reason she died was from a broken heart.

HM served her country long and well.

May she rest in peace always.

Reaction Score
The world will miss you, Queen Elizabeth. It took an extraordinary person to command such respect and adoration for so long in the world she lived in.

I hope her family reached Balmoral in time... RIP, Elizabeth. You've earned it.

All her children were there, plus William & his wife. Not sure about the other grandchildren.

Reaction Score
RIP Queen Elizabeth, you were a good one, and earned your stripes in WW2:
Queen - in WW2.jpeg

Reaction Score
Well said, Mdoggie. I don't know if it'll be in my lifetime, but I'll bet there'll be pressure on Charles in coming years to step down in favor of William.
Already happening. Many prefer William.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have never understood why the people of the US have such affection and interest in the British monarchy, but The UK could have done far worse than Elisabeth and may she rest in peace. That far worse part, well I suspect we are about to see it.

Reaction Score
I have never understood why the people of the US have such affection and interest in the British monarchy, but The UK could have done far worse than Elisabeth and may she rest in peace. That far worse part, well I suspect we are about to see it.
However one feels about the monarchy, there’s little doubt that a very great lady passed today.
We shall not look upon her kind again.

Reaction Score
Why would Charles abdicate in favor of his son? Just because some people don't like him?

Not gonna happen. You're stuck with him.

Reaction Score
Why would Charles abdicate in favor of his son? Just because some people don't like him?

Not gonna happen. You're stuck with him.

Given Charles' age his reign won't be that long anyway, he turns 74 in November.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In 1977 I had the privilege of attending a Queen Silver Jubilee party, celebrating her 25 years as the Queen of England at the British base in Paderborn, Germany. Was given a jubilee coin by the Battalion Warrant Officer 1, which is equal to a Command Sergeant Major. I can tell you this that the Brits do know how to party. May she Rest in Peace.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
RIP to Queen Elizabeth II. She reigned my entire life.
Pretty much everyone’s life. I guess that’s where they get the expression “in the everyone’s life a little reign must fall.”

Reaction Score
She came to New Haven once, maybe in the 70s? I saw her in a motorcade with crowds of people cheering- on Chapel Street I think

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I've only been to the UK once, but the monarchy is big business there. I have a plate commemorating the Queen's visit to NYC in 1957; It was my grandmother's. She had a fondness because her father was born in England in the 1860s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom