RIP Nelson Mandela | The Boneyard

RIP Nelson Mandela

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Every so often when we really need a great one we are blessed with one. He earned his right to anger, bitterness and spitefulness, and rejected them all... That's something we all could learn from him.

Grace is the word that came to mind when I thought of him. As Rocky said, he lived a life that mattered.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nelson Mandela evokes admiration, respect, and adoration. I grew up in the 1980s, in a world where injustice was common. What Mandela did to eradicate injustice made me feel like a child again, like we, as a global community, will make things right. I believed in him, and my belief was justified. Rest in Peace, Nelson Mandela. To call you an icon or an inspiration would almost be trivial. To call you my hero would be fair.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mandela.jpg

Reaction Score
A political prisoner for 27 years. One would be hard pressed to find a more profound demonstration of courage and sacrifice.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One of the great things about Mandella is that he never denied his flaws and in fact acknowledged them openly. Doing so he reminded people that we are not defined by our flaws but only our failure to take full use of our gifts. This belief led him to transcending perceived self-limits and establishing what once could only exist as a dream and a vision of true justice for all.

One wonders what South Africa might be like today if not for Nelson Mandella and Bishop Desmond Tutu.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One wonders what South Africa might be like today if not for Nelson Mandella and Bishop Desmond Tutu.
And don't forget de Klerk.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that the capper is that when asked what he would do if he had his life to live over, he said that he would do exactly as he did! He has been unjustly reviled as a terrorist and a communist (as have many others) but his life puts his detractors to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom