RIP Medina Dixon | The Boneyard

RIP Medina Dixon

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I remember watching her play. She was a great player. Old Dominion beat Georgia that year in the championship game at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin.

That was the year Texas was ranked #1 but lost a heartbreaker in the Elite 8 to Western Kentucky. So Texas was denied the chance to play the Final Four on its home floor.

Rest in peace Medina Dixon.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry to hear that, she was such a good player. It's a terrible disease; I had an employee that has had it come back repeatedly.

Medina played for South Carolina for one semester as a freshman and she played in the first college WBB game I attended - SC (ranked 2nd) and Louisiana Tech (ranked 1st) my senior year in high school. The most unique thing I remember about her is that she barked at the opposing player when she was defending them.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry to hear that, she was such a good player. It's a terrible disease; I had an employee that had it come back repeatedly.

Medina played for South Carolina for one semester as a freshman and she played in the first college WBB game I attended - SC (ranked 2nd) and Louisiana Tech (ranked 1st) my senior year in high school. The most unique thing I remember about her is that she barked at the opposing player when she was defending them.
So I take it Kim Mulkey was on that LA Tech team?

Mulkey is quoted in the ESPN article as comparing Dixon to a Cheryl Miller-type player, which I think is quite apt. Dixon led the 1992 Olympic team (which took bronze in Barcelona) in scoring.

Reaction Score
May big arms cradle your soul, and may your friends and family be comforted by the arms of those who truly knew you.

From me, God bless.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
So I take it Kim Mulkey was on that LA Tech team?

Mulkey is quoted in the ESPN article as comparing Dixon to a Cheryl Miller-type player, which I think is quite apt. Dixon led the 1992 Olympic team (which took bronze in Barcelona) in scoring.
She was and I took an instant dislike to her, which remains to this day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom