RIP Matthew Perry

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Very sad, but not shocking.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was not a big fan of Friends, but I did enjoy The Whole Nine Yards.

However, Matthew Perry earns most of my respect for having dated Lizzy Caplan.

RIP Ensemble Actor

Reaction Score
He taught millions of people the dangers of not having regular bowel movements. He was so constipated his colon burst. RIP.

Reaction Score
Was my Favorite Friend. Didn’t like the show while it was running on prime time but started watching reruns and really enjoyed it. He seemed like a good dude that had issues he kept trying to overcome.

Reaction Score
He was a genuinely hilarious actor. I wasn't a big Friends fan at the time but I enjoy the show now in reruns and Chandler is definitely the best on it. He played the charming, sarcastic insecure guy so perfectly. Fools Rush in with Perry and Salma Hayek is also a favorite romantic comedy of mine. Poor guy went through a lot with depression and drug addiction.

Reaction Score
Well documented struggles with painkillers. Was in rehab 15+ times and admitted to taking 55-60 pills a day. Had 14 different surgeries to deal with the internal damage from it. He didn't "drown" and they should be using this to bring attention to opioid abuse.

Reaction Score
So far, reports are no drugs at the scene. Regardless, long term abuse does a number on the heart.

Reaction Score
He was the funniest cast member of friends. Always remember him on growing pains playing Carol's college love interest who dies way too young because of drinking and driving.
He just seemed like a genuinely nice guy who had personal demons that he had a lot of trouble trying to get away from.

Reaction Score
This one cuts deep. Having received (and read in a day) his memoir for Christmas last year, I’m so hurt. He literally says in the third line of the book, “I should be dead.”

Big Friends fan. I’m in my 20s, kicking it in a big city (DC, not NYC), just trying to fight through every week to have those brief gasps of time without worries. And I identified so much with Chandler. The sarcasm. The need for a comedic quip. Perhaps most of all, the insecurity. Obviously, having read the book, I realize he has been fighting some tough demons almost his entire life.

I only hope he rests easy, and knows his work will ensure he lives forever.

Reaction Score
Seinfeld was much better. I could never get into Friends mostly because I could never get past Ross and how whiny, conniving and selfish/self serving a character he was, what a whiny little ***** he was. Otherwise I think Perry or Phoebe were the best on the show, Perry had a lot of potential (always found Jennifer and that other guy, forget his name, maybe Joey, over rated).

Reaction Score
Very tragic to die so young at 54. I just read that he was born in Williamstown MA which is a nice little town and home of the Clark Institute. As an aside, I was fortunate to see a Van Gogh exhibit there several years ago.

Like many, I was not fond of the show Friends but that was a favorite show of many. I liked the movie "Where Fools Rush In" and used to watch "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" during it's limited run on TV.

I saw something about his death earlier this morning but thought it was a bad joke. In the past I was involved with someone who had dependency issues and I know how difficult it is to get past that. RIP Matthew.

Reaction Score
Sad. He was the most talented member of the cast and definitely the most watchable. Whole Nine yards was over-the-top good too. I got to admire how honest he was with his addictions and apparently did a lot to help others behind the scenes. Have to respect that. RIP.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He taught millions of people the dangers of not having regular bowel movements. He was so constipated his colon burst. RIP.

was not the cause of death though. Autopsy was "deferred." Toxicology report has not come back yet.

Kind of sounds like he may have died before going under water.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom