RIP Jerry Tarkanian | The Boneyard

RIP Jerry Tarkanian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
all time great... my favorite game he ever coached was when UNLV destroyed Duke in the tourney in 1990

Reaction Score
Was staying at the Hilton for a trade show way back when Reggie Theious played and the Hilton was attached to the Vegas arena which was attached to the exhibition hall. Walked in on a practice and all these players did for the hour I was there was fast break and press. It was a lot of fun and Tark didn't seem to care that people came in to watch. RIP Tark.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tough to NOT like this guy.

a-tarkanian-0104.jpg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
all time great... my favorite game he ever coached was when UNLV destroyed Duke in the tourney in 1990
My favorite story was when I was working for a Company with a plant outside of Harrisonburg Va we went to out to our favorite Italian restaurant in town. Left Driesell who was coaching JMU at the time walked in with several players and Jerry Tarkanian in tow. They sat at the next table from us and a all of us immediately recognized the Tark and sent over a request to buy a bottle of wine to the table. When they looked up at us after the waiter pointed out who it was they looked up to see the four of us with our white linen napkins hanging out of our mouths. The wine was refused but they had a good laugh!

Reaction Score
Makes me remember how much better college basketball was then. I miss the mid 90's running UConn teams, Arkansas 40 minutes of H*ll, Loyola Marymount, ect. The game just seems so bogged down now and every team pretty much looks the same to me. It doesn't seem like any coaches try anything different

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For all the trash that the pretty boy schools like to talk about the Shark, his former players absolutely love him. I believe in my heart that Larry Johnson would have killed people for Tark.

LJ was one of the three most physically gifted college bball players I've seen since 1980. Shaq, Bias and LJ. Men amongst boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom