RIP Hal Holbrook | The Boneyard

RIP Hal Holbrook

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Many years ago while in college in NYC, some friends and I got a hold of some tickets to see Holbrook’s one man show on Broadway, Mark Twain Tonight. It was a brilliant, funny and thought provoking performance by a wonderful actor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Talented and Classy.
Had some memorable scenes in Wall Street among countless other roles over a very long and productive career.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hal Holbrook molded himself to a character. That's rare these days. Most of the current popular actors mold the character to themselves and that is why so many movies are 90% special effects, car chases and stunt men and women.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My 7th and 8th grade English teacher introduced me to Hal Holbrook, professionally speaking. It was very welcome and appreciated.

Reaction Score
Many years ago while in college in NYC, some friends and I got a hold of some tickets to see Holbrook’s one man show on Broadway, Mark Twain Tonight. It was a brilliant, funny and thought provoking performance by a wonderful actor.
I attended a performance in Boulder. For whatever reason, attendance was absolutely miserable. Maybe 50 people in a theater built for 700. Holbrook looked at people scattered throughout the theater, many in cheap balcony seats, and motioned for everyone to take seats in the front rows and then went on to give a very personal, full-flavored show.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was a friend of Hartford Stage. I had tickets to see him there in "Our Town", unfortunately he got sick. But I was a fan since I was a kid, my parents had the "Mark Twain Tonight" LP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom