RIP Bob Dole | The Boneyard

RIP Bob Dole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Senator and patriot and great man Bob Dole died today. He was a rare man that crossed lines to pass legislation for all Americans. A severely wounded veteran he fought tirelessly for America's troops.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I didn't always agree with his politics, but this man stood at the front of the line as an American and a patriot. His media portrayal was always dour, but this was a man with grace and humor.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
I had the privilege to meet him at the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C. about 13 yrs. ago. A member of the US Army's 10th Mountain Division during World War II, he was severely wounded during the fighting in Italy. A true patriot who served his country.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I had the privilege to meet him at the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C. about a 13 yrs. ago. A member of the US Army's 10th Mountain Division during World War II, he was severely wounded during the fighting in Italy. A true patriot who served his country.
...and served his country as a gentleman with compassion and intellect. The kind of politician that will sorely be missed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In 1972 I was in a small restaurant in Lindsborg, KS with my parents and brother. A man walked in who everybody in the restaurant seemed to know - they all greeted him with "Hi Bob." He walked over to our table and introduced himself as Bob Dole and shook our hands awkwardly with his left hand. He asked where we were from (New Jersey) and why we were visiting the middle of Kansas (my brother in college). As we headed back to our hotel my mother insisted she had seen him before. Sure enough, in the next morning's newspaper it was reported that US Senator Bob Dole had paid a visit to Lindsborg, KS. At that time he had been a US Senator for less than 2 years.

RIP.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seemed like one of the good guys. RIP Mr Dole.

Reaction Score
Yes, he served his country well. Condolences to his family, and may his soul RIP!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sen Dole was on the same flight as me from DCA to LGA about 18 years ago. At the baggage claim, we were the only people there, so I started a conversation. He was extremely pleasant. A very decent man.

Reaction Score
They were called, "The Greatest Generation" for a reason......Sorry, there are not a lot of them left anymore. 'Course, they didn't talk much about themselves.

Reaction Score
Bob Dole was a really great American, and so was his wife Elizabeth, who was, I think, at one time head of the American Red Cross. Not sure if she is still with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom