Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After learning the news, I reached out to Richie and was kind enough to answer a few questions for a QU preview I'll write later this offseason:

Which aspect of your game are you most excited to unleash at Quinnipiac?

I’m excited to show my ability to make plays, handle the ball in transition and also showcase my improved outside shooting.

Being the only National Champion in the MAAC, what about that journey will help you in taking on a veteran leadership role for the Bobcats?

I’m going to just lead by example with my work ethic and how hard I go in practice everyday. Being on that championship team has taught me a lot and I can’t wait to bring what I’ve learned to QU.

Reaction Score

"At least he has the experience," Benedith said. "He was always happy. I told Richie two years ago, 'Why don't you find another school where you can have time to play?' He said, 'No ma, I want to be faithful to my teammates and my school.' I respect that, because he didn't want to leave. Everything happens for a reason. I'm glad he stayed. He was learning while he was sitting there. He learned a lot. Now, he can gain his confidence and start fresh."

Much respect to Richie.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I generally do not care where our transfers go or what they do - I might check on them once in a while.

I’ll be following Springs‘ every outing at QU.

Was crushed to learn that Marist was the runner up….we have season tickets there. But QU is the better spot. Marist has been a mess for a while.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching him every time he made it on the court. Gave us good minutes this year with the injury trouble at the start of the season. Hopefully he kills it wherever he ends up, will definitely be tuning into his games.
I agree, Springs can play. I love his attitude on rebounding,

Reaction Score
I generally do not care where our transfers go or what they do - I might check on them once in a while.

I’ll be following Springs‘ every outing at QU.

Was crushed to learn that Marist was the runner up….we have season tickets there. But QU is the better spot. Marist has been a mess for a while.
I’m with you. Springs always looked like he could contribute at UConn so I’m curious what he does with playing time at QU. Plus I admire what a good teammate he was and that he never complained about not playing. Very rare these days. Wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Who’s our muscle guy in the post Sanogo World?
Clingan will be as close as we get. Not every team is made up of the same types of players. Frankly, there are very few muscle guys in the post in CBB.

Reaction Score
I’m with you. Springs always looked like he could contribute at UConn so I’m curious what he does with playing time at QU. Plus I admire what a good teammate he was and that he never complained about not playing. Very rare these days. Wish him the best.
A guy with his skills currently would have seen significant minutes in 2012-13 , maybe even 2014-15, definitely after the injuries 2016-17 , he would have got some starts in 2017-19. He may blossom with PT you never say never.
Remember when Sanogo was recruited , Carlton was benched.. Josh was a good enough player to help Houston to an NCAA run and he averaged 10-7 last year in a top French. league . So playing time is determined by competition and he was just a step behind the other options.
Remember Rash Jones went from second leading scorer 13PPG in 30 minutes as a Sophomore to 3.3 PPG and 10 minutes as a senior on a loaded 1999 NC team .
He did get to be on the floor at the end of Duke game primarily for defensive purposes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We had one this past season and won it all.
It was one heck of a 1-2 punch her having to body up a physical specimen like Sanogo and then having to match up with a 7'2" monster like Clingan when Sanogo went to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom