Richard Springs Commits to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Richard Springs Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
The rebounding and general smash-i-ness of Springs is what I like. And frankly, we just haven't had guys like that recently. And it's still a gaping hole on this roster. We get pounded in and when we shoot poorly, there's zero margin for error.

I think so long as people maintain perspective on him and what he is - he'll be a guy people like. IMHO - he's no NBA kinda guy. Four year banger with the potential to expand his game a little bit; but even if he just gets better at what he does well already - he'll be a good piece to have.
Can you please elaborate what lead Hurley and Kimani to get him to reclass?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Good post / somehow it’s become fashionable to minimize the importance of rebounding and quite frankly Chief doesn’t understand that. There have been just too many teams that have eaten our lunch on the offensive glass the last few years creating losses.

Are we 100% sure you're not too deep into your own head at this point?

Reaction Score
Interesting how our road to the big-time came when we recruited nationally successfully and the key to our rejuvenation seems to be how well we can continue to recruit locally.

That's only partially true. The first round of great Calhoun recruits were local (Smith & Burrell) and foreign (Henefeld). Once Calhoun got a toe hold into being competitive then came Donyell Marshall (PA), Ray Allen (SC), Caron (WI via Maine) and Rip (PA).

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yeah this is false.
It just wouldn't be as much fun. Look at all the posts dealing with this one aspect of BY life that has nothing to do with what happens on the court or recruiting trail.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It just wouldn't be as much fun. Look at all the posts dealing with this one aspect of BY life that has nothing to do with what happens on the court or recruiting trail.

He/she is a loser that causes pollution on the board. Sure I could ignore him/her but ignoring people on an online message board is pointless.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
C'mon man, a 3 star recruit who was picked up out of necessity will in no way destroy Hurley's reputation if he is a bust.

If the word redshirt ever came up with Springs he would have stayed at Brewster, so even if we had the depth that was never an option.
On your second point you know more than I do. It was purely hypothetical speculation on my part.

As to your first point everything depends on how the team does over the next two to three years. If the fans feel the team has underperformed relative to their expectations and Ritchie is at best a role player you can take it to the bank that this recruitment will be considered a major indictment against Hurley. I won’t be one of them but, based on past postings, several people excited in this thread will do exactly what I predict.

More than likely a moot point because I believe this team will outperform most reasonable expectations barring injuries.

Reaction Score
The rebounding and general smash-i-ness of Springs is what I like. And frankly, we just haven't had guys like that recently. And it's still a gaping hole on this roster. We get pounded in and when we shoot poorly, there's zero margin for error.

I think so long as people maintain perspective on him and what he is - he'll be a guy people like. IMHO - he's no NBA kinda guy. Four year banger with the potential to expand his game a little bit; but even if he just gets better at what he does well already - he'll be a good piece to have.
This is The Boneyard: home of unreasonable expectations. Springs sounds like he can contribute.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
On your second point you know more than I do. It was purely hypothetical speculation on my part.

As to your first point everything depends on how the team does over the next two to three years. If the fans feel the team has underperformed relative to their expectations and Ritchie is at best a role player you can take it to the bank that this recruitment will be considered a major indictment against Hurley. I won’t be one of them but, based on past postings, several people excited in this thread will do exactly what I predict.

More than likely a moot point because I believe this team will outperform most reasonable expectations barring injuries.

There are a few posters who may come out with a super myopic hot take down the road. I think it’s far more likely to be you or someone from the crowd grumbling about this than anyone who’s currently excited.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Lol at Hurley's reputation being decided on Richie Springs
You’re right. Just plain stupid as written. I was implying posters on the Boneyard and should have written it that way as opposed to a reputation amongst peers.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There are a few posters who may come out with a super myopic hot take down the road. I think it’s far more likely to be you or someone from the crowd grumbling about this than anyone who’s currently excited.
I can think of several posters in this thread who you went toe to toe with in the past over grumbling and hot takes.

I don’t know how you can confuse me to be one of those individuals. I rarely post negative stuff about our players or coaches.

My most negative stuff has been about Jeff Hathaway and Mark Emmett.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can think of several posters in this thread who you went toe to toe with in the past over grumbling and hot takes.

I don’t know how you can confuse me to be one of those individuals. I rarely post negative stuff about our players or coaches.

My most negative stuff has been about Jeff Hathaway and Mark Emmett.

When someone who was KO-sympathetic for a lot longer than the rest of us injects something about a 3-star recruit being a “major indictment” of the new coach out or the blue, that’s enough to set off my hot take detector.

Reaction Score

You post negative things about Hurley all the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom