Rich: Post-game comments on Doty's knee | The Boneyard

Rich: Post-game comments on Doty's knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have had bad knees since childhood sports including an ACL tear, and every once in awhile my knee will go wonky (great medical term, that!) for a few days as stuff shifts and scar tissue adjusts. Here is hoping that is what has happened to CD - the fact that the knee was reported as stable is very good news - if there were another ACL problem, the knee would definitely not be 'stable'. The fact that the brace came off for the second half also suggests that they were not concerned about the structural integrity of the joint.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
4 games in 8 days, a plane flight, bus trip. Yea I would expect some swelling and the knee "not feeling quite right".

Reaction Score
4 games in 8 days, a plane flight, bus trip. Yea I would expect some swelling and the knee "not feeling quite right".
I'd expect some swelling and something not feeling quite right in all of them after that!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonder if they will hold her out against Syracuse to give it a rest? I almost hope they do.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Wasn't it at Syracuse when she had her last injury?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not the last injury but the last in season injury. The last injury was during the summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have had bad knees since childhood sports including an ACL tear, and every once in awhile my knee will go wonky (great medical term, that!) for a few days as stuff shifts and scar tissue adjusts. Here is hoping that is what has happened to CD - the fact that the knee was reported as stable is very good news - if there were another ACL problem, the knee would definitely not be 'stable'. The fact that the brace came off for the second half also suggests that they were not concerned about the structural integrity of the joint.
We have a certain Boneyarder who goes Wonky all the time. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wasn't it at Syracuse when she had her last injury?

Caroline's first ACL tear at UConn (second of three) was in a game at the XL against Syracuse. It think it was the game in which Maya put up 40 or close to it. Mel Thomas tore her acl in a game at Syracuse. All this is to say that I hope Caroline doesn't play on Wednesday.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
ACL injuries with all that traveling isn't the most fun in the world (Tore mine a couple years back during HS football).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I too would like to see Caroline rest because we need her experience down the stretch. Shes very good with the ball in her hands and that is very important in the big games coming up.

I am really happy seeing Kiah and BB getting more playtime. They are coming along game by game and KML is putting numbers on the stat sheet. We cant expect her to score 25 pts every game, at least not as a freshman. But she is a threat to score so defenses have to guard her . The most important thing KML is doing espeically when shes not shooting well is to continue to put numbers on the stat sheet.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Caroline's first ACL tear at UConn (second of three) was in a game at the XL against Syracuse. It think it was the game in which Maya put up 40 or close to it. Mel Thomas tore her acl in a game at Syracuse. All this is to say that I hope Caroline doesn't play on Wednesday.

Thanks! I was remembering the Mel Thomas one at the Carrier Dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom