Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Reaction Score
Whoever the next OC is will be the 7th Offensive Coordinator for UConn in 6 years. This program desperately needs stability.

Hope we have a chance to get TJ back. I like the Danny O idea too but maybe he becomes QB coach and develop our young QB's

Reaction Score
Is Verducci still available?

I've learned an important lesson today. And the lesson is: it's never too early in the day to start drinking my whiskey...
as a UConn football fan I think what you meant to say is you have been reminded that’s it’s not too early for the whiskey.

Reaction Score

"Included in the listed circumstances is "In the event of the Coach's resignation or retirement from University employment or upon his acceptance of other employment (subject to Article 9 herein)."

Article 9 states that Lashlee was required to notify athletic director David Benedict of his intention, in writing, to interview for or negotiate for any other position."

Edsall had a little lead time. This hire will be just as important as the Lashlee hire. Lashlee turned things around in a year. The next person has to keep it going.

I wonder if it was in the works before NLI day and they asked him to wait.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its fantastic knowing Edsall is all over this. Imagine Diaco trying to scramble to find someone. #Adults
Well, there was only one coach that was a threat to leave and I'm sure Corey saw all the same odd twitter activity we did and moreover - could sense this was pending. If I was Edsall I would have been thinking about his replacement all fall as it was inevitable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"

I wonder if it was in the works before NLI day and they asked him to wait.
Probably. How many recruits can we peg to Lashlee this cycle anyway; Krajewski and????? Seems like he might be part of the effort for Rayam.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It sucks, but isn't the end of the world. The staff will have picked up quite a bit from him, and there are plenty of other guys out there. I don't think he's the only decent OC in America.

The important thing is whether Randy bought in to that system, and is prepared to bring in somebody to else to run something similar rather than the old ground and pound and throw only on 3rd and long. He has shown a willingness to change and adapt in his 2.0 guise so far. So I hope we will have a new OC that will make us all happy.

Reaction Score
Danny O, would be the logical and potentially program saving move.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Whoever we bring in, I think the most important thing is that they run an offense that closely resembles Lashlee's. We're changing systems so frequently and we get screwed because we're always stuck learning the basics and never get beyond that.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Danny O, would be the logical and potentially program saving move.

I don't know about that. I'm not bringing in a guy with no experience just because he was our best player. Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome guy and seems to have the smarts, but we need someone who has coached football before. If anything, make him a QB coach or something.

Reaction Score
He's been following a ton of coaches on twitter which had me suspicious. He also started following Tray Quinn, their great WR last week which I thought was weird. I bet they take Kirk Merritt!
Yeah, that worried me too last few weeks. What a nightmare.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So his family never moved up here seriously?
Or was his family here and he is just homesick?
What recruits came here to be a part of his offense and now he’s bailed - and yes I understand the adage u sign for the school not the coach blah blah blah but it’s still dirty and slimy
But that’s college sports right?

From his quote he said he and his wife and 4 kids wanted to be closer to home. My guess is that means their parents and siblings (kids grandparents and aunts and uncles). He graduated from Arkansas and first coached at Arkansas State. So Dallas is indeed a lot closer if that is what they consider "home".

Reaction Score

Intra conference... ughhhhh. Hope we have something lined up. I like Dan O, but I don't know that he's the best option for a coordinator spot rather the QB coach to develop the players. Welp.. if there's one thing to be said, UConn sports ain't boring!

Reaction Score
Let's look at the tea leaves. It appears Lashlee was pushed out at Auburn and was able to get a soft landing at UConn through his connection with Benedict, although at a big pay cut. It was clear that he was going to look for a new OC position ASAP and he preferred the south. He didn't get a P5 offer, so he took a job in Texas which is closer to where he wants to ultimately end up. Best of luck, but he is replaceable.

Reaction Score
We knew he was short term here, but Jeezz . . . . . . SMU?? Same position? WTH??

We must be cursed or something. SMH.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I look at the Lashlee era this way- He came hear to grow- he learned a lot in his one year. But he showed us how we could operate in this era of college football and for a little while offensively, we belonged. With pretty much the same cast and crew as the previous years. So for that I will thank him. As long as RE builds on Lashlee's principles, we will be even better next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom