Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashlee Gone -- OC at SMU

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with this one bit but it doesn’t apply at all to this situation. RL didn’t use UConn to step up to a P5 program. He took a step down to come here and then made a lateral move to SMU. Last I checked, that’s not using UConn as a stepping stone. Sure he might make more st a SMU but he isn’t stepping up.

It’s an odd situation but it really might boil down to getting more money and moving south for family.
Yes. For a Southerner with small kids, going from CT to Dallas and probably getting a slight pay raise is a no brainer.

I don't think it says SMU is a program with more potential than UConn or anything profound like that.

Reaction Score
Not sure that will be the perception. Auburn to UConn, then lateral to SMU. Was passed over for the RU job. Can’t see Rutgers passing on a real up and comer. We may be blinded by the offensive improvement, which is the only way that our offensive performance could go. Didn’t see a big impact on recruiting. I will trust that Randy will find an OC that is at least the level of Lashlee.
I respect your assessment, but to think anyone's considering UConn as a lateral move to SMU (other than us) is kinda hard to fathom... We dug a deep hole for the past 6 years... Gotta dig out to get that respect back, and some....

C

Chief00

Time for professional help.. and get rid of the sharp objects.

I think you have basically lost your mind or literacy capabilities, since you obviously did not read and comprehend my post. You are worried about sharp objects when you should be seeking a sharper mind.

Reaction Score
I hope DB & RE realize that the new OC has to offer a system that expands on what RL introduced this year.

I don't think you'll see an uptick in fan base to be bored to death with PP and BD "offensive" offensive schemes. Personally I would not even accept a RE.1 system of offense any more. I could watch the same thing at the HS level and save a lot of money.

I give RL a lot of credit with even giving fans a glimmer of excitement. And maybe he was frustrated with the lack of progress due to the fact the athletic ability of the players may not have been what he needed to be highly successful. Didn't RE suggest during the season that the play book on both the offensive and defensive side had to be scaled back to mesh with the skills of the players.

Maybe his wife did have an influence in his decision......and maybe she didn't. Doesn't matter. One thing for sure.......the HS talent base at Texas HS and SMU gives him more opportunity to "fully" implement his scheme,

I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Gosh ... you are a New England curmudgeon.

There is so much of this type of Offense in CFB these days that I do think Randy will bring someone good in to continue the progress. And on Defense, we have to be better. I do not see Dark at all.
Pudge We go way back on the Yard so I ask this with the utmost respect. Do you see a better:
1. QB on the roster
2. RB on the roster
3. LBs on the roster
4. NT on the roster
5. DE on the roster
than what we had last year?

I do not. Sorry. I don't . 6 years lost in the wilderness with tweedle dee and cranberry pants coming home to roost next year unfortunately

Reaction Score
Yes. For a Southerner with small kids, going from CT to Dallas and probably getting a slight pay raise is a no brainer.
About 300 miles from University Park, TX or a 4 hour drive to home state Arkansas versus approx 1,200 from Storrs to AR, potentially more dinero, richer recruiting grounds, and kids growing up with "yes sir/ma'am" (albeit insincere for some folks) may make a difference, including for wives, coaches, and some others who actually do relocate to be closer to family.

Reaction Score
You must not know Chief. We talk to Chief with respect around here.
This is a serious post? Chief is the guy who posted he was hanging with Drummond at a UConn game at the same time Drummond was roughly 1000 miles from Storrs. Chief is an underling in the AD at best. Nobody with any kind of juice in the AD would post in the Yard.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I respect your assessment, but to think anyone's considering UConn as a lateral move to SMU (other than us) is kinda hard to fathom... We dug a deep hole for the past 6 years... Gotta dig out to get that respect back, and some....
Sorry but no matter how bad we've been the past 6 years going from UConn to SMU as a coach in the same position is absolutely a lateral move. Explain how it's not. For god sake we're both in the same conference and both G5 schools. So once again, going from UConn to SMU in the same capacity is absolutely a lateral move.

Reaction Score
Whoever we bring in, I think the most important thing is that they run an offense that closely resembles Lashlee's. We're changing systems so frequently and we get screwed because we're always stuck learning the basics and never get beyond that.

Agreed. We're not Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin, etc. We need a tempo offense with some occasional wrinkles run by a versatile smart QB. We don't have the time or the fanbase to stomach a rebuild that resembles Diacos "brand" of football in any way. I know I don't.

Reaction Score
About 300 miles from University Park, TX or a 4 hour drive to home state Arkansas versus approx 1,200 from Storrs to AR, potentially more dinero, richer recruiting grounds, and kids growing up with "yes sir/ma'am" (albeit insincere for some folks) may make a difference, including for wives, coaches, and some others who actually do relocate to be closer to family.
I’m on my way home from a duck hunting trip to Augusta Ark right now...1200 miles doesn’t even get you to Arkansas from Storrs....it barely gets you to just outside of Memphis. The ride to westchester County is 18 hrs..to Storrs it would be at least 20.5.

Reaction Score
I’m on my way home from a duck hunting trip to Augusta Ark right now...1200 miles doesn’t even get you to Arkansas from Storrs....it barely gets you to Nashville. The ride to westchester County is 18 hrs..to Storrs it would be at least 20.5.
So, maybe 1,400 miles from Arkansas to Storrs. None of which changes the prior relevant point.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine hiring someone with 0 coaching experience to gameplan and scheme on a weekly basis, run the offensive side of practice, call plays, coach a position, recruit players, etc.

Good way to turn our dumpster fire into a nuclear winter.
Thanks I now have another term in the lexicon for when things go worse than “dumpster fire”

Reaction Score
Chief, I'm pretty level-headed, But . Your 'I know everything about all things UConn football and hoops' is a ing drag. My guess is that your a Video team type who works in the AD and has absolutely zero juice but hears a bunch of stuff third hand. Time to humble yourself
You’re speaking to someone who can be simultaneously owning idiots on a message board presumably from New England, while hanging with Andre Drummond and some in Oakland.

He is more than a man

Reaction Score
Both Lashlee and Elko going to a state with no income tax. Makes for significant pay raises.
Potentially higher relative net pay, but a heightened level of naivety is required to ignore you pay state taxes one way or another. For example, Texas' higher than average sales tax rate and above-average property tax rates. The latter property taxes now less likely to be deducted against federal income taxes.

Reaction Score
Potentially higher relative net pay, but a heightened level of naivety is required to ignore you pay state taxes one way or another. For example, Texas' higher than average sales tax rate and above-average property tax rates. The latter property taxes now less likely to be deducted against federal income taxes.

Pretty sure the sales tax in Texas is less than the sales tax in either Connecticut or Indiana.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gang, nobody hopscotching their way up to a scott frost type contract in college football (and that has to be RL’s end game) is thinking one iota about taxes. The fit, the opportunity for success is worth far more in the long run.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn is one of the worst teams in FBS, with a bare cupboard talent wise. We are a northern outpost in a southern mid major league. High schools in our state are having trouble fielding teams because of lack of interest in the sport, and it will be -9 tomorrow.

Our OC just made a lateral move to get out of here. I think getting someone with Connecticut connections is a good idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom