Revised top 25: Post-deadline edition | The Boneyard

Revised top 25: Post-deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn #11

Connecticut Huskies: DeAndre Daniels' pro turn is a little bit surprising, given how quickly Daniels rose from relative obscurity in the NCAA tournament, but it is far less damaging thanRyan Boatright's return is helpful. And transfer guard Rodney Purvis, eligible this fall, will help, too.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=98690

Early-entry winners and losers

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=98680

Push

UConn: The Huskies could afford to loseDeAndre Daniels with the addition of transferRodney Purvis but couldn’t handle the loss ofRyan Boatright. His return gives Kevin Ollie a lead guard to run the offense and jump-start the defense. No one will pick the defending champs to win the title again, but that’s exactly how UConn likes the odds.

Reaction Score
eamonn brennan knows very little about basketball . Andy Katz is pretty clueless as well. I'm gonna go ahead and call the entire staff of ncaab writers at espn clueless, myron medcalf leading the charge.

Reaction Score
eamonn brennan knows very little about basketball . Andy Katz is pretty clueless as well. I'm gonna go ahead and call the entire staff of ncaab writers at espn clueless, myron medcalf leading the charge.

You have a problem with the ranking? Or you're just lashing out randomly?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I was going to start out with a harsh critique of your criticism, but it's Monday and I don't want to start off my week like that. Andy Katz is fantastic. He has ALWAYS been fair to UConn. Other than AK and Jay Billas, EB is probably the next writer at ESPN that is fair towards the true King(s) in the North. 11th is not only a fair assessment, but perhaps slightly generous.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Assuming we get 2 games against SMU (which you'd think would be a lock), we have 6 games against CBS' top 25, and 5 against the top 13.
Compare that against the fact that we had 9 games versus the ESPN Top 25 (final regular season poll) and the fact that unless Cinci and Temple are better than expected our SOS is going to take a hit. We'll just need to dominate and leave no doubt. Which I think we absoultely will be able to do.

Reaction Score
I was going to start out with a harsh critique of your criticism, but it's Monday and I don't want to start off my week like that. Andy Katz is fantastic. He has ALWAYS been fair to UConn. Other than AK and Jay Billas, EB is probably the next writer at ESPN that is fair towards the true King(s) in the North. 11th is not only a fair assessment, but perhaps slightly generous.
It's not about being fair to uconn its about providing meaningful insight.both of their opinions rest squarely on the shoulders of hype . Unlike some of nba insiders (pelton mainly ) who formulate unique and interesting stances .

Reaction Score
Compare that against the fact that we had 9 games versus the ESPN Top 25 (final regular season poll) and the fact that unless Cinci and Temple are better than expected our SOS is going to take a hit. We'll just need to dominate and leave no doubt. Which I think we absoultely will be able to do.

On the positive side, we'll get additional credit in the RPI for playing Florida, Stanford, and Duke away from home. Hopefully at least one of our last 2 OOC games will be against another big name team. We should get at least one top-50 game in the Puerto Rico tournament. Then we need to hope that Memphis and Cincy, assuming they both take a step back, at least stay in the top-50.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
http://college-basketball.si.com/20...rs-losers-kentucky-kansas-ucla-duke-michigan/

It makes sense, but seems to think Kromah will still be here.

Connecticut Huskies

With a pair of 20-point, 10-rebound games during the NCAA tournament, DeAndre Daniels demonstrated how good he could be in certain games. Here’s what he was for the entirety of 2013-14: A forward who averaged 13.1 points and six rebounds per night, numbers that don’t exactly leap off the screen. Sure, if Daniels had returned and played like the dynamic force he often was in the postseason, then the Huskies lost something significant. Otherwise, they lost production that can be filled by players like Amida Brimah and Lasan Kromah getting a year older and a year better.

More importantly, Ryan Boatright turned down dicey draft positioning in favor of attempting to be the next Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier – a dominant upperclassman guard who leads Connecticut to a championship. Boatright can be the glue as the Huskies add new parts to the backcourt like transfer Rodney Purvis, junior college signee Sam Cassell, Jr. and five-star swingman Daniel Hamilton. Having Boatright’s defense and unquestioned leadership to lean on is a windfall for head coach Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
I believe Jeff Goodman will take the gold. The dude still thinks Harvard and BC are better than UConn

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
http://college-basketball.si.com/20...rs-losers-kentucky-kansas-ucla-duke-michigan/

It makes sense, but seems to think Kromah will still be here.

Connecticut Huskies

With a pair of 20-point, 10-rebound games during the NCAA tournament, DeAndre Daniels demonstrated how good he could be in certain games. Here’s what he was for the entirety of 2013-14: A forward who averaged 13.1 points and six rebounds per night, numbers that don’t exactly leap off the screen. Sure, if Daniels had returned and played like the dynamic force he often was in the postseason, then the Huskies lost something significant. Otherwise, they lost production that can be filled by players like Amida Brimah and Lasan Kromah getting a year older and a year better.

More importantly, Ryan Boatright turned down dicey draft positioning in favor of attempting to be the next Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier – a dominant upperclassman guard who leads Connecticut to a championship. Boatright can be the glue as the Huskies add new parts to the backcourt like transfer Rodney Purvis, junior college signee Sam Cassell, Jr. and five-star swingman Daniel Hamilton. Having Boatright’s defense and unquestioned leadership to lean on is a windfall for head coach Kevin Ollie.
He has since edited his article and removed the reference to Lasan. The only logical assumption is that he reads the BY! Well done, Marat!

Reaction Score
I really feel UConn is about to have its strongest period in college basketball. That might not necessarily translate into more championships, but consistently being in the Top 10 for the next 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom