Reviewable Calls Clarification | The Boneyard

Reviewable Calls Clarification

Reaction Score
Watched Kentucky vs. LSU yesterday and then Duke vs. L'ville right after. I need someone to help me understand this. Kentucky lost on a last second tip in, which was clearly basket interference as the ball was over the cylinder. The only thing that was "reviewable" at the end was the clock, not the actual tip in. How does that make sense when it has a direct affect on the outcome? And then in the Duke game, they reviewed a charge call and then changed it to a block. I thought you couldn't review fouls?

If someone can help me understand this it would be greatly appreciated, I'm about as confused as Roscoe launching that full court shot lol.

Reaction Score
You can review the block/charge call only in the last two minutes and only if it is an issue of whether or not the player is in the restricted area, which was the case last night.

Feel like the Kentucky/LSU thing should be review-able but obviously it isn't. Rough way to lose a game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Watched Kentucky vs. LSU yesterday and then Duke vs. L'ville right after. I need someone to help me understand this. Kentucky lost on a last second tip in, which was clearly basket interference as the ball was over the cylinder. The only thing that was "reviewable" at the end was the clock, not the actual tip in. How does that make sense when it has a direct affect on the outcome? And then in the Duke game, they reviewed a charge call and then changed it to a block. I thought you couldn't review fouls?

If someone can help me understand this it would be greatly appreciated, I'm about as confused as Roscoe launching that full court shot lol.
The charge/block is only reviewable when there is a question of whether the defender is in the “restricted area” because at that point it is not a judgment call, there can be indisputable evidence of them being in the circle or not. Honestly I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that reviewed, but hey Duke was in danger.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can review the block/charge call only in the last two minutes and only if it is an issue of whether or not the player is in the restricted area, which was the case last night.

Feel like the Kentucky/LSU thing should be review-able but obviously it isn't. Rough way to lose a game.
Refs are so so so bad at calling basket interference in college.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Refs are so so so bad at calling basket interference in college.
What's the rule, not the ruling, on how one Kentucky player's hand went fully up the cylinder and out the top, and another's grabbed the net on the shot that was thereafter 'tipped-in?'
Was it possibly defensive goaltending prior to the offensive goaltending?
Might that have been reviewed to LSU's favor if such plays were reviewable as is being wished for here & elsewhere?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom