Revealed: The Science of Stewie | The Boneyard

Revealed: The Science of Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice. Yea there was no way Stewart was not gonna be on the Olympic team. She's gonna be "the face" of the WNBA and USA basketball here shortly.

Reaction Score
That was fun to watch. The most amazing to me was that the ball is never more than 7 inches away from her hand when she is dribbling. Makes it pretty hard to steal from her.

Reaction Score
Nice. Yea there was no way Stewart was not gonna be on the Olympic team. She's gonna be "the face" of the WNBA and USA basketball here shortly.
I've been wondering how AZ compares to Breanna in her height and reach stats. Their bodies look similar to my untrained eyes. Would like to see a comparison.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Parts of this video were played repeatedly during the NCAAs. Talk about psych out!:eek: At the end you saw the competitive Stewie not liking the plastic hand block at all. Looking down, not thinking pretty thoughts about shorty there.

Reaction Score
They did a test with Maya and compared her release time for her shot to a rattlesnake bite.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Parts of this video were played repeatedly during the NCAAs. Talk about psych out!:eek: At the end you saw the competitive Stewie not liking the plastic hand block at all. Looking down, not thinking pretty thoughts about shorty there.
I think it was actually a different sports science piece - this is the second one they have done with her. I enjoy this bit of the ESPN stable of stuff - it is always interesting to see the comparisons they come up with.

On her hands getting so close to the ground, one aspect of her defense that I found really interesting was her ability to steal bounce passes on their downward trajectory toward the floor rather than the normal steal that happens after the bounce, or the kicked ball that so many defenders end up using to disrupt the pass. She also made a number of steals off a dribbler by redirecting the ball again on the way down toward the floor rather than as it returned off the floor.

Reaction Score

Fun to see this again. The rattlesnake comparison actually had to do with her stealing.

It was her release from the catch to the shot 2.3 seconds.It could have been both but I remember the shot release.It is a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom