Report from Storrs | The Boneyard

Report from Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a report that the sleepy summertime rhythm in Storrs has been shattered - lots of traffic and uhauls around town yesterday and today. Students are definitely reappearing, so the Jonathans will be happy - I personally have mixed feelings. Should be getting more news about the team but the road outside my house is definitely noisier than it has been in months!

(Had to phone in an road accident I heard last night - couldn't actually see what happened through the trees and it took them a few hours to clean up, but while an ambulance did arrive it did not appear that there were serious injuries thankfully.)

Reaction Score
Biggest freshmen class reported. If you lived on 195 or 32 then the traffic must be horrendous.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Biggest freshmen class reported. If you lived on 195 or 32 then the traffic must be horrendous.
I live on Separatist Rd which has become THE way to get from one side of campus to the other. When my parents built the house in 1952, it was a dirt road with about five other houses on it and we put sawhorses across the road so we could sled down 'Brown's Hill'. When they put in the skating rink road that connects Separatist Rd to Gampel, it all started to go downhill rapidly. Game nights it is impassable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI - any out of town boneyarders who would like a place to stay in Storrs on a game night can private message me. I am about 1/2 mile easy walk to Gampel and have usually three empty bedrooms in the house. Mid-winter I try to get away as much as I can, so may not be available.

Reaction Score
UC, very generous offer. I could have used in last Feb 9 when I only got as far as southern CT due to the snow storm and missed the SC game!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UC, very generous offer. I could have used in last Feb 9 when I only got as far as southern CT due to the snow storm and missed the SC game!
Well - I was missing that snow storm and all the others in SE Asia last winter! :cool:
So it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99