Report Card vs Villano | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Villano

Reaction Score
A lot of heat is falling on J. Adams, and rightfully so. But in my opinion, maybe a little much. The turnovers were unacceptable indeed, but his shot simply not falling? I can live with that. Most of those jumpers he hits, so it's forgivable. For me, I was more so disappointed in A. Gilbert. I thought he'd have a chance to surpass Jalen as the true leader of this team in this early part of the season. But his style of play offensively has proven completely contrary to that idea. He has the skill set to dribble through defenses and dish to open players at will. He has the power to get his teammates going, create some hot hands. But instead, he repeatedly chooses to keep his head down and contest at the rim no matter how many bodies are towering him, almost like it's a predetermined action. It's mind bottling. And this isn't the first game where he's guilty of it. Having said that, you just know he's going to figure it out. He's a smart kid, and you know his Coach is going to get through to him. And when he does, get out the way ladies, the kid's a talent.
Our point guards have almost never been all that great their freshman year, even sophomore year is usually a bit of a struggle.

Reaction Score
Our point guards have almost never been all that great their freshman year, even sophomore year is usually a bit of a struggle.

Jalen's essentially the same player he was as a freshman, which says a lot about him as a freshman but not so much as a senior. And what mystifies me the most is that the kid had "winner" written all over him coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
Those passes to Carlton in the post early in the game had the look of guys that wanted no part of trying to feed the post. Our guards continue to have no clue on how to pass to a big. Can't remember who threw a line drive fastball to Carlton later in the game from 8 feet away that he couldn't handle. Way too hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom